1.06.2011

cherishing memories

So life has been rather full and busy lately. Full of many things. Joys, sorrows, family, friends… many, many other things. I mentioned that my Great-Grandfather passed away last weekend. Tuesday was his funeral and we traveled down to South Georgia to be there with family. It was sad, for our sakes, but joyful for his gain. My life has been blessed as I have been his Great-Granddaughter and I will always cherish him.

Granddaddy
Benjamin and his Great-Great-Granddaddy in August of ‘09

We were able to meet my cousins’ babies for the first time, and Benjamin especially enjoyed spending time at Hayden’s house because that is where we slept. We love Hayden so much and Benjamin is now obsessed with looking at this picture on my phone:

Ben and Hayden

Aren’t they sweet? Benjamin was looking at this while we were in Costco and when the screen would go dark he would say, “Oh no! Hay-nen!” He just loves his little cousin. Oh, he also met and played with his third cousin Allie… who enjoyed slinging him around the living room, and he loved it too! Oh he just loved Allie!!

DSC09352
sweet little cousins

I am so thankful to have been able to make such sweet memories even when Benjamin likely won’t  remember them. Thanks to my cousin Tori I have these pictures of Benjamin and Allie playing. I have a ton more and maybe later on I’ll share some more. They had a roaring good time and had everyone else in the room rolling with laughter too! What sweet memories!

DSC09301
Me, My aunt, and my mom (who would kill me if she knew this was up… but I love this anyway. please ignore the gut, HA!)

DSC09425

Granddaddy Bob holding two of three Great Grandsons… Benjamin loved to give “Hay-nen” kisses!

DSC09316
My Beautiful Mimi!

DSC09272
Crawling out of Maggie’s cage with a cup full of peanuts…

DSC09277
Playing with future  wife Alethia (don’t worry, she’s not related… ha!)

Stella
Sweet Baby Stella (Alethia’s baby sister) – I got to meet her for the first time! She is three weeks old!

MeNAutumn
My kindred spirit Autumn and myself. I love her so much! She is Alethia and Stella’s momma. She and her family drove up for the funeral and we are so appreciative of how thoughtful they are and how they show love and support for our family!

Don’t you just love creating memories like that? While it was all because of something that to us is sad because we miss Granddaddy, being with family and friends always brings about something to cherish and hold close. We celebrated Granddaddy’s long, full life and said goodbye to a man who means more to us than we are able to express. But at the same time, we live on, touched by his life and by his devotion to God and the church and his family and friends.

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,
His mercies never come to an end:
They are new every morning!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul;
Therefore I will hope in Him!”
Lamentations 3:22-24

They really are new every morning! Tomorrow morning comes new blessings when we embark on a new journey in our life, making new memories to cherish! We leave to Middle Georgia to pack our U-Haul and then head out to Alabama on Saturday! We are very excited (and I am very anxious!) and can’t wait to be with the good people out there in Alabama! Keep us in your prayers, please!

If I’m not around to post much, now you know why! Many blessings, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your great grandad, but like you say, it's not a loss for him. How amazing though, that he saw his great great grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, but it looks like you had a wonderful visit with family and friends. Cousins are a lot of fun... I know Benjamin will enjoy growing up with them.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!