Benjamin, my sweet darling boy, you are two years old today. I really cannot express my feelings today. You’re not really a baby anymore – you’re officially a toddler by clothing standards I guess, although you don’t fit into 2T yet (you’re just now starting to fill 24 month shirts and you’re still not really wearing 18 month pants and keeping them up without a cloth diaper). Your daddy and I have really been blessed by your shining presence in our lives and we are ever thankful that God saw fit to entrust you into our hands. It’s a big responsibility but we are so happy to do our best. You are such a joy and I have really enjoyed spending more one-on-one time with you since Daddy has been going to the office during the day and it’s just me and you to hang out.
Benjamin, we are so proud of all your accomplishments in this past year. You have done so much, like really getting active, starting to talk and then beginning to speak fairly well (at least to me you do). You learned how to swim, you learned how to count and you can recognize your alphabet. You know SO much Bible trivia – that really makes mommy so proud! You are a helpful boy and you are ever affectionate. You are so friendly even to people you don’t know very well and I have been amazed at how well you have adjusted to our big move. It’s like it didn’t even happen! We get a lot of compliments on how well you behave in church and out of church, and that really does make mommy so very proud of her precious boy. You are such a good boy!
Welcome to your third year of life, Benjamin! I pray it will be a good one and we can continue this journey together! I can’t wait to see what’s around the bend for us here in Alabama and I know that you will exceed our expectations like you always do! We love you, big boy! Can’t wait for the party on Saturday!
***********************************************
(I’ll post more about our new home later!)