1.01.2011

A few words for 2011

I’d make a New Years Resolution if I thought I would remember throughout the year and keep it. But I know myself better than that. So I’m going to set myself up with a couple of guidelines for the year and if I can stick with those, I know I will be all right. I’m going to share with y’all in case you need to see them too for inspiration for your New Year!

“Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” – Matthew 6:33

“Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice!” – Philippians 4:4

“Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” – Romans 12:9

“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:1-2

“Pray without ceasing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:17

“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” – Galatians 6:10

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” – Ecclesiastes 12:13

May your New Year be blessed and may we all strive to serve God to the best of our abilities in 2011!!

 

And a prayer request:

Please pray for my family this coming week. My Great-Granddaddy died yesterday (he was 95 years old) and we will be traveling down to South Georgia for the funeral early this coming week. Also, we’re going to be moving in exactly one week. So please remember us in prayer! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your family Kristen! Also, thanks for these good reminders of God's guidelines for our lives. I have the perfect spot in mind to post these so I see them every day!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!