1.10.2012

precious Benjamin


This past weekend, Carl put together a swing set that my in-laws got Benjamin for Christmas. Benjamin has been all about his 'playground' ever since, but unfortunately it has been so rainy the last three days that we haven't been able to get out and play on it since Saturday! bummer! Benjamin has been asking to go play on it a lot and he gets really bummed out when we tell him that it's too wet out. Sunday afternoon he asked for a paper towel and when I gave him one, he went to the back door, ready to go out and dry off his playground so he could play. How precious! I melted right there and teared up because he is just so precious, and at the same time I'm just amazed at how much bigger he has gotten... I can't believe that in a little over one week my baby boy will be three years old.



I love love love this little boy. He's so smart and inventive and imaginative and affectionate. "Will you play with me, mommy?" has to be one of my favorite requests, because it's always bound to be a good time, and I love that he wants me to play with him! He likes to entertain himself a lot but there are just those times when you need someone else to drive the other cars around, or to make the big train tracks. I love the little games he comes up with. 

{forgive the auburn tigers shirt... we are georgia fans still, don't fret!}

Lately Benjamin and I have been singing "A Bushel and a Peck" to each other {at least the first verse}, and it just melts my heart when he points at me when he sings it, and when he sings it on his own and does the same. Every momma needs a baby boy to be so sweet to them! I hope he is always this sweet. Today we had a discussion about not saying ugly things to people, and not repeating ugly things to people. When I asked him who we want to make happy, he said, "Jesus!" - I hope he always keeps that in mind.


My precious Benjamin.... I just cannot believe it's almost been three years. Where has time gone?





3 comments:

  1. a swingset?! what fun! ;)

    this post reminded me of our night with y'all at Dairy Queen...how we were all cracking up at Benjamin's words and being in awe at how smart he was. thank you for your and carl's example of "training your child up in the Lord." i hope y'all have a great week1 (tell benjamin that it has been raining here too, and we aren't able to go out and play either. ;D) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet boy! Love the new swing set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I'm blog hopping tonight, and I landed here, and I'm so glad I did! My little boy will be three in February, so I'm sure they would be best buddies. I know exactly how you feel! It's so easy to get involved with housework or other things, but I just can't resist it when he asks me to play with him. Isn't it just the best to be a mommy? God has truly blessed me!!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!