so i saw this on marli's blog and thought i would join in!
what did you do in 2011 that you've never done before?
I moved to Alabama, ha!
We drove to Missouri for a gospel meeting!
I was home alone with Ben for 10 days while Carl was in Jamaica!
We drove to Missouri for a gospel meeting!
I was home alone with Ben for 10 days while Carl was in Jamaica!
did you keep your new year's resolution? will you make one for this year?
I didn't make one. I didn't make one this year either. Both years I have just made the same guidelines. {that isn't lame of me, is it?}
did anyone close to you give birth?
uh. hm. physically? no. but a few friends did.
did anyone close to you die?
no
did anyone close to you get hitched?
kristin & kaleb;
blythe & jeremy;
justin & ashley;
jessica & brandon.
blythe & jeremy;
justin & ashley;
jessica & brandon.
what countries did you visit?
this'un.
what date{s} from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
granddaddy's funeral; the day we moved to alabama; ben's 2nd birthday; going to the cirucs; seeing the avett brothers; the weddings we attended; getting zoe; ... so many more
what would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
a bun in the oven. ahahahahaha.
what's your biggest achievement this year?
i feel i've grown as a christian, as a wife, as a mother, and as a person
biggest failure?
keeping up with blogging. i guess i'm doing pretty well if that's my biggest failure.
did you suffer illness or injury?
i injure myself frequently. and i had a couple colds, and an ear infection. nothing serious.
what was the last thing you bought?
probably groceries, lol.
whose behavior merited celebration?
benjamin! he's such a good boy! he's accomplished so much this past year!
where did most of your money go?
i'm with melissa on this one. bills, taxes, and food.
what did you really get excited about?
my friends getting married & pregnant; the circus
what song will remind you of 2011?
november blue by the avett brothers because it's my favorite one and they played it as the encore at their concert! never will forget it!
compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
uhh. i'm sad that i'm sick.
what do you wish you'd done more of?
studying.
what do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying.
what was your favorite tv show?
doctor who.
what were the best books you read?
pride & prejudice
the hunger games series
what was your best musical discovery?
the civil wars; the head and the heart; fun.
what did you want and got?
i wanted a job for hubby & a house to live in! check & check!
what did you do on your birthday? how old did you turn?
i was able to go back to georgia to visit my family for my 23rd birthday.
what one thing would have made this year more satisfying?
i would have been happy if the weather hadn't been nuts and if it hadn't taken 4 months to finish the windows.
how would you describe your personal fashion?
it varies from day to day, really. some days my fashion is "busy mommy" or "frazzled mommy"; sometimes it's "i have it together mommy"; and then there's those lovely days you can be in pjs all day long.
what kept you sane?
my husband. phonecalls to mom.
who was the best new person you met?
i can't choose. we made so many amazing friends here this year.
what was a valuable lesson you've learned?
Trust.
yay! love it! and who-hoo for doctor who! ;D thanks to carl, i got hooked on that one. :) happy 2012, girlie!
ReplyDeletexo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com
I don't understand how I've missed this blog. I must have had my head in the sand or something. Anyway, love this question post that's going around! Happy New Year!! :)
ReplyDeletei had never heard the saying "a bun in the oven" until last week when we were at disney! hehe(: i think it's cute.
ReplyDeletep.s. thanks for your comment and for entering the giveaway. i'm so glad you did (: i really loved your comment. it's amazing how God works in ways we wouldn't expect, isn't it? I'm glad you are here in AL. I just wish we could see each other more! I love you too, Kristen.
i got two dr who shirts christmas week! love 'em!
ReplyDeletehappy 2012 to you too!
get your head out girl! ;) Happy new year to you too! <3
ReplyDeletethat's so funny! i have seen a costume for a pregnant lady that was an oven with a bun in it. so funny!
ReplyDeletethanks girl! i wish we were closer, too!
Love this post! You are a precious person Kristen! :) And yes, you are a fix to my day, your posts are so encouraging!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!! I appreciate it!!
ReplyDelete