1.13.2013

last week of double digits.

We have made it to 29 weeks, as of last Friday! I meant to post this update back then, and even wanted to have a picture ready for it... but that was before I spilled water on my laptop keyboard and then had to deal with a plethora of car problems... and nobody likes car problems. I've been so frustrated about them because they are mostly a result of shoddy worksmanship from when we got the heat fixed in the car. Long story short, our brake lights don't turn off anymore, so we have to unhook the battery when the car isn't in use. Yeah, annoying.

Anyway... at 29 weeks, I am feeling tired and large and sore! I would love to get a good night's sleep but unfortunately the medication I'm on makes it difficult for me to sleep sometimes, and I'll go to bed and wake up in three hours and not be able to get to sleep. Of course, my soreness comes from the fact that I am all baby, carrying smack dab in the middle, and it is killing my back.

But, it's all good. We only have 10 weeks to go! Which reminds me... time to knock off a name!


  • Charlotte
  • Carleigh
  • Camryn
  • Carla
  • Camilla
  • Chloe
  • Cora
  • Clara
  • Caitlin
  • Charity
  • Clementine
Sorry for all those who may have been thinking that! It was a big time contender in the beginning! (Hello, Downton Abbey fans!)

I wanted to take a small moment to thank everyone for all your kind, supportive comments and for your prayers regarding my last post. It certainly wasn't something that was easy to write. I had been tried for the past three weeks to gear up for it but never could find the right words. 

I do want to say that I've been on my medication for two weeks now and besides the sleep issue, I'm feeling great. I am so much happier and it feels good to be able to feel something other than anxiety or depression. I have been able to do things for the baby's room and focus on that and actually enjoy it. I even got excited about buying baby clothes (hello, Dirt Cheap!) and even didn't mind all the pink!

Perhaps that all doesn't seem like a big deal to you all, but for me it's a big sign of progress on my part and a huge, huge difference from how I'd been in the past six months. And I am really happy with it.

Anyway, I'm seriously thankful for you all. Having a good support system makes things so much easier. Like I have said before... I just don't think that God intended for us to face these trials alone. I am so blessed with all the friends that I do have. You are all so precious to me. 


6 comments:

  1. Ask your doc if you can take a Tylenol PM at night. I had no idea they were safe during pregnancy until my last one. It was such a help with the pain and restlessness. It's just Tylenol and Benadryl. Can't wait to see what her name is going to be. I like so many of them on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to ask my doctor when I see her on Thursday! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Unisom is safe to take, but it knocks me out for the whole next day too. They recommended for me in the beginning with b12 for my all day sickness. :)

    You know, Charlotte is what we were gonna name this one if he had been a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying that!

      I dunno if I need something to knock me out all day long though LOL! Though sleeping all day does sound nice....

      Delete
  3. I vote for "Clara".. but I'm partial because I have one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!