1.24.2013

to-do progress.

Well, if you’ve been keeping up with us at all on Facebook, I’m sure you’ve been seeing me working through the items on the baby to-do list. I had a spurt of nesting energy a couple weeks ago that resulted in severe pelvic pain, so I’ve had to slow down a lot. But the good news is, I’ve gotten most of the bigger things out of the way, and a lot of the remaining items are things we just need to buy before the baby gets here {by the way, officially less than two months away… just saying…}.

So, here’s our progress:

#1 buy crib mattress
#2 buy changing table pad & cover
#3 finish wall décor
#4 sand/strip side table
#5 paint side table {white or turquoise??}
#6 paint dresser drawers {once mom & dad bring the dresser – jan 18}
#7 make cloth wipes

#8 make girly headbands
#9 buy letters for baby’s room, wrap in yarn
#10 buy more prefolds
#11 buy nursing tops/dresses
#12 deep clean house
#13 figure out cloth wipe solution
#14 make baby legs
#15 wash & put away baby clothes
#16 secure furniture to walls
#17 haircuts {I’ll need one this month and one in March}- {1/2}
#18 freezer meals? {may not need since Mom will be staying with us after the baby comes}
#19 make a breastfeeding basket for bedside table, including snacks and waters, kindle, phone, etc
#20 put together MY bag for the hospital
#21 put together CARL’s bag for hospital
#22 put together BABY’s bag for hospital
#23 make hotel arrangements for the night of the 21st
#24 help mom & dad make hotel arrangements for the night of the 21st

#25 put together a “Big Brother” kit for Benjamin for duration of hospital stay as a gift from the baby {mom & dad will be keeping him at our house}
#26 let Benjamin make a Build-A-Bear for the baby online
#27 “Big Brother” t-shirt for Benjamin to wear to meet his sister
#28 turn in pre-admission forms
#29 write down c-section birth plan & discuss with doctor

Unless my counting is off {and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened to be}, that’s 14 out of 29 crossed off. 15 more items to do. Not too shabby, if I say so myself. Once certain items get moved out of the baby’s room, I’ll be able to take good pictures of our progress in there to show you all.

Anyway, that’s the progress update! Cheers!

blog comments powered by Disqus