1.21.2013

snow in alabama.

In case you have been living underneath a rock of some sort, last week Alabama saw snow! I don’t believe we saw any last year that I can remember, and Benjamin can’t really remember the other few times he has seen snow, so literally 5 minutes after I woke up, we all dressed and headed outside to stand outside in the cold. And this is a sacrifice on my part because I actually hate snow with a cold-hearted passion.

DSC098532 DSC09866

But seriously, how could I pass up the opportunity to take pictures of Benjamin out in the snow, even if all he did was stood around? I’m attempting to get back into the practice of taking more photos. I never thought that I’d start falling short on that one, but you know… it happens I guess!

DSC098573
DSC09859
snow2
DSC09862

The flakes were really big, but as soon as they hit anything, they were pretty much gone. Of course, growing up in the South, this really wasn’t much of a surprise to me. I sort of wish that Benjamin had been able to see some sort of accumulation. Tuscaloosa actually had some accumulation, but the only reason we were there that afternoon was because I had a doctor’s appointment.

DSC09864
DSC09869
DSC09871

I think that one of Benjamin’s favorite parts of it all happened to be finally wearing his giraffe rain boots. He’s had them for a couple of years thanks to our good friend Maddie and he can finally fit in them and doesn’t walk quite as awkwardly. I just can’t believe it though… finally able to fit in those boots. {aren’t they precious?}

DSC09867 DSC09868
DSC09879 DSC09880

The snow barely lasted an hour and a half from what I remember, honestly, but it was nice to be able to take these pictures.

DSC09884
DSC09885
DSC09887

I wonder if it will snow again anytime this winter. The weather has been so wacky and unpredictable, so who knows?

DSC09890

2 comments:

  1. adorable pictures, Kristen! loving the giraffe boots too. :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!