3.08.2013

close call.

Well, today was eventful to say the very least. I didn’t really expect to go in to my doctor’s appointment this morning and end up staying 6 hours hooked up to monitors to observe my contractions. I’ve never been in labor before – natural labor anyway – so I’ve been trying to pay careful attention to any changes in my body here as we are reaching the very end of this pregnancy. Yesterday, I told Carl that I didn’t feel right. This whole week I’ve been feeling kind of off, but especially yesterday, things just didn’t feel right.

Apparently, my feelings had some validation to them because, surprise!, I’m actually in early labor. My contractions while in the hospital today were 2-3 minutes apart, and while I was in labor & delivery, they were off the chart. I was given an IV of fluids in hopes that they would make the contractions stop. If they didn’t stop, then it was real labor. If they did, false alarm.

They didn’t stop. I’m in early labor, but thankfully since it’s not active labor, they decided to send me home because they didn’t want to give me a c-section so early unless I was in active labor.

Seriously thankful to God because I am not ready, not today. I was pretty certain that I was going to be holding a baby by the end of the night, and I was terrified. So I am really thankful that they decided to discharge me.

Please keep us in your prayers. Being in early labor means I could go any day now, or I could make it the next two weeks until my scheduled c-section date – and the latter is my preference.

ANYWAY -

563427_544016432305660_1130569904_n

37 weeks, and yes, if you think she looks lower, she is. If you think I look tired in that picture, I was, and I’m even more so now!

Let’s finish up this name game, shall we? Or at least narrow it down to the last two. Like I said last week, we’ll skip the name game next week and the next you’ll hear about it is when we make the final announcement! Excited?? Me, too!

Charlotte
Carleigh
Camryn
Carla
Camilla
Chloe
Cora
Clara
Caitlin
Charity
Clementine

I love the name Clementine, but that is also not the name we chose. So, down to the last two:

Charlotte or Clara ??

You’ll find out soon enough!

blog comments powered by Disqus