38 weeks pregnant and we are still hanging in there! I meant to update after our appointment on Wednesday but never got the chance. We were disappointed to find out that all this contracting has done diddly squat but made me uncomfortable. Believe me, I don’t *want* an early baby {39 weeks is early enough} but these contractions are just starting to get annoying, especially knowing that they aren’t doing anything to change my cervix. Ah well, it is what it is.
This photo was taken on Wednesday before my appointment. This morning, however, I woke up and my stomach looked a lot smaller. The only thing I can think of is that she has moved down lower into my pelvis and perhaps has moved more to the back. But who knows? All I know is that my contractions have changed yet again and all I can do is wonder if these will send me into active labor, or if I’m just going to have to endure these as well.
I think I’m just going to count on next Friday being Baby C’s birthday, as scheduled. And I’m okay with that, anyway. I’m getting used to the annoying contractions and the pain, and I’ve been given a pain medication to help me get rest at night and it is glorious to actually get sleep. So if I can get one week of good sleep before Bitty Girl comes into the world, I’m okay with that. Because something tells me I’m gonna be needing that extra rest. ;-)
By this time next week, we will have our sweet baby and I’m sure all these annoying, painful, miserable, inconvenient, and downright torturous symptoms I’ve had to endure these 9 months will be ancient history and we’ll be over the moon happy to have her here.
Please pray fervently for us as we get closer and closer to meeting her. Please pray for my recovery after my c-section, and please pray that everything goes well – with the surgery and with the sweet darling girl. Pray she is healthy! One week early is still one week early!
I appreciate all of you who have been assuring me that you’ve been praying for me, as well as all the mail and texts and messages we’ve received. You will never know how much it means to me to know that there are people out there who are thinking of us. It makes all of this so much easier for me. I know I don’t have to say how hard this pregnancy has been on me, and I hate bringing it up all the time because I feel like a whiner, but I never expected to be placed on antidepressants during all of this. Your support and love and prayers have made everything so much easier to bear, and I am indebted to you all – you just don’t know how much you have all helped and how much I appreciate you.
I can’t wait for this week to pass and to be able to share our sweet girl with you!
And in case you need a reminder, the two names we’re down to are:
Charlotte or Clara
And I love to see who thinks which name, so keep posting your guess if you haven’t already!
xoxoxo
Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteI still vote for Clara... but I'm partial, as I have one. :)
Thank you! :D
DeleteCharlotte has been my guess for a while, so I'm sticking with it! :)
ReplyDelete