3.13.2013

maybe baby?

311099_545703465470290_1572259464_n

So, last Friday was eventful. Almost too eventful for me. I was silent as the old guy pushed my wheel chair {ps – I was so embarrassed to be wheeled out of the doctor’s office in front of a room full of pregnant ladies… like seriously… I’m sure everyone was looking at me!} through the labyrinth of the hospital. He asked me if I was okay, and I answered, “I’m freaking out a little bit!” And a little bit was kind of an understatement. I broke down a couple times as I laid there with the monitors on me. It was just so out of the blue and I never thought I’d actually go into labor on my own, since I was induced with Benjamin five days after his due date. And I mean this was three whole weeks before the fact!

Anyway, I called Monday to make another appointment since I didn’t get to do so on Friday, expecting to either get a Thursday or Friday appointment as I normally do. Nope. Wednesday morning at 9:30.

The thing is, my contractions haven’t stopped since I left the hospital. I am definitely in labor, and I am pretty sure that once I am checked again, they’ll find the contractions have been doing what they’re made to do… and this time, they’ll tell me it’s time to have a baby. Because if they don’t, I could go into REALLY active labor and I just don’t think they want that {since they scheduled my c-section a week before my due date}.

So… If my predictions {and pretty much everyone else I’ve talked to about this} are correct… we could possibly be leaving the hospital in four{ish} days instead of tomorrow afternoon. Meaning, it could be baby time very, very soon.

Nervous! Excited! Anxious! Ahhh!

But ever since Thursday {before I knew I was in labor, but was feeling so off that I almost knew}, I have been praying to God for courage and strength, and to help me trust Him more. And I do. I trust God. I know He is with us. I feel peace when I remind myself of this. So yeah, I’m kinda freaking out on the inside because things are about to be very different – whether it happens this week or next – but I feel at peace with the way things are going.

Our bags are packed, our car is cleaned, baby C’s car seat is installed… {and Benjamin got a new seat himself because he is getting to be such a big boy!} we are ready in that regard. Mom and Dad are ready to leave at any given moment to be here to help take care of Benjamin.

We are planning on keeping our phones off during and after the procedure until Benjamin has been able to meet his sister, so updates will come after the fact… but I would love if you would keep us in your prayers! And who knows – maybe the next time you hear from me, I’ll have a sweet bundle of joy to show off as well!

482571_546474995393137_1465132882_n

We’ll see you when we see you!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! Excited to "meet" sweet baby C whenever she does make a public appearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a private family time for you and those you have invited to be involved. So you go ahead and keep your phones off and stay away from social media as long as you want. Your time bonding with Baby C is way more important than updating others with pictures and phone calls. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a different note, I really like that striped shirt you are wearing - and the cardi to match! Lol.

    Yay! I will be silently cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!