3.31.2013

introducing Clara Grace, pt 2

You can read part 1 of Clara Grace’s birth story here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all was deemed well with me after the c-section, they wheeled my bed out of the recovery room and I was then taken down to the room we’d be staying in for the duration of our hospital stay. Clara was in the nursery getting checked out and our families – well, partially – had gathered in the waiting room, anxious to meet Clara Grace but none so anxious as the big brother, who was dying to meet his sister!

This was the moment I’d been looking forward to the most, I think. I was anxious to see how Benjamin would react to his sister, anxious to see his face when he saw her, anxious to know what he thought of her. And, after spending the night without him and the morning in surgery, I just really wanted to see my big boy.

602836_570011196968_131039888_n
551994_570011216928_1011610277_n

These precious moments I hope will stay with me forever. The way he looked at her, as in love with her as we were, how he told us that she was “so cuuute!”.

735092_570011261838_903225308_n

What a blessing to have both of my babies!! It’s moments like these that melt away all those hard times we faced during this pregnancy and during Benjamin’s delivery. It’s moments like these that make you say, yeah, that was tough… but in the end it is all worth it. It seems like I go through a lot to bring my babies into the world – not saying I have it worse than anyone else! – but when it comes down to it… these moments make everything more than worth it.

479809_550980014942635_1392371102_n

But nothing can top this moment… my family… my heart!

We were also really blessed to have friends who stopped by to share in our joy. Because this was something we didn’t experience when Benjamin was born, it meant a lot to us that people cared enough to come and celebrate Clara’s birth.

And not only in the hospital, but we have had people come by and visit with us this week and also bring us meals. We have been incredibly blessed by our church family here! I am so thankful!

As far as recovery has been going, I’ve been really pleased with it! I know that a lot of people have bad experiences when it comes to c-sections, but honestly I prefer this recovery over the recovery I endured after Benjamin… of course, this time I didn’t have to have a blood transfusion {I narrowly escaped that one… more on that later}, and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I can’t really feel my incision, and I’m getting around pretty normally most of the time. I’ve been staying on top of my pain medication and have been keeping everything clean. Really I can’t complain much about my recovery! So thankful!

As for the blood transfusion thing… unfortunately it was something that was talked about at one point in the hospital because my hemoglobin was low. I’m on iron pills instead, though. My doctor asked me if anyone had ever looked into testing me for Von Willebrand disease, and honestly when I looked it up I can see how I could perhaps have it. However, that’s something we’ll have to look into in the future, not now.

For now, we’re just enjoying our sweet new baby, in spite of the lack of sleep and re-figuring out the ins and outs of a newborn. I love to see my family together and so frequently find myself just watching as if watching some amazing dream… I am so blessed! Beyond measure!

DSC01485

DSC01494

blog comments powered by Disqus