11.30.2009

awe-struck.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16b


Our prayers have been answered.

Our prayers to strengthen the Gray family have been answered in a tremendous, incredible, amazing way! Praise be to God!

Brian told Kristy tonight that Helen had not survived the crash. I got a few texts from my good friend Reagan recapping for me, and I was so encouraged and in awe of Kristy's reaction that I needed to share with you.

Kristy said that she felt like God was trying to comfort her because she felt like Helen was gone, but was waiting on Brian to tell her. Our God is good! Her first words to Brian after he told her were, "And you've been dealing with this all by yourself?"

Wow.

I have the greatest desire to go embrace my Sister in Christ, for her example, her strength, her courage. For facing something that no parent should ever have to face, with such an attitude. I am amazed. Kristy Gray is such a wonderful example!

I just had to share this with you all this night! Hopefully it will help you all end the day with a smile on your face and hope in your heart! Please continue praying! It is quite obvious to me that there is power in prayer!

Glory be to God!

post signature

15 comments:

  1. I am so sad for them. So sad! I went to school with Kristy. I am going to be in constant prayer for them. Also, I have a friend that is coming out with a book and she is a preachers wife. So good! Here is her link: http://www.apreacherswife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Kristen. Our God is powerful beyond our comprehension I believe...sometimes I try to understand it then I decide to put my faith in him and the words he has given me. I needed Kristy's example....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right. What faith and what fortitude! Our God is so good. Still lifting them up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for his strength, love, compassion and peace! I am praying for this family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kristy is an awesome example. I was just thinking last night if this was me that I would be a basket case by now. God is so Good! Still praying for this wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an awesome example she is! Praying so very very hard for them both...Prayer is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful moment during such sadness and pain... prayers are with them... I can't imagine their road ahead, but do know they have an amazing support system full of brothers and sisters who love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has always been such a great example for all to follow. I am just in awe of her faith and am glad to call someone like her a sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing that! The Lord is holding her up for real.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristy is a great person. She always has been. Love and prayers are surrounding their family. We are heartbroken for them. Lord only knows how to comfort in times like these. He will provide for them. I am confident. Thank you for supporting them and being a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I have been a basketcase reading about them and praying for them.
    How amazing is God's peace!
    Thanks for the update!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad that she is feeling the presence of God in the midst of this. I know He will help comfort this family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord! The Lord is so good. I am praying for them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Wow" is all I can say! I've been following this story and praying for the Gray family. I can't imagine. I'll grab one of your buttons!

    I love your blog! We attend Hamilton Crossroads Church of Christ in Brundidge, AL. Do you know anyone down this way?

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!