11.30.2009

Not Me! Monday

In an attempt to lighten the mood over here (but not at all trying to mollify the urgency of your prayers being needed for the Gray family), I have decided to participate in Not Me! Monday.



Saturday night, I did not go to bed at 10:30 (unheard of in this household, unless you're Benjamin) and lay there for about two hours unable to sleep because my neighbors across the street were certainly not outside shouting and hollering. They certainly weren't drunk, nor yelling about their sexual exploits...

Oh wait, this isn't Not My Neighbors! Monday...

Ahem...

Anyway, Hubby didn't go over and ask them to be a little quieter... and the next day, while I am certainly not more sleep deprived than usual, said neighbor didn't come and yell at Hubby, telling him he'd do as he pleased.

I didn't spend the afternoon bawling until I finally took a nap because I was so, so tired... And Benjamin certainly wouldn't laugh at his mommy while she was crying (which actually made me feel better - I mean, it would have, if he had been... ahem.).

I would never look up the county code of ordinances concerning noise regulation to take to the police, and Hubby certainly didn't go over there this morning, and come back with a cop to try and reason with the neighbors... and you know, they would never desire to file a harassment claim against us, because they certainly don't hate us...

All this would never stress me out, two days before going on a two week vacation... two days in which I definitely don't have to clean my house and pack two suitcases, not to mention everything else baby related.


Phew... what haven't you been doing? Or your neighbors? Or your husband? Or ... whoever...?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. We had neighbor troubles at our old house. Dog troubles actually... our dog would always run over to there house, we lived in the country, and they owned special dogs with papers. Expensive dogs that they didn't want around our lovable mutt. :) it wasn't pretty a few times but it all worked itself out. hope yours does too! have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Hope the situation gets better and you enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you're living next to people who clearly have no respect for anybody else. :(

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!