11.24.2009

Truthful Tuesday, and Two Tidbits

target="_blank" title="Confessions from a Working Mom">
alt="Confessions from a Working Mom" />


This is my first time with Truthful Tuesday! The question is "How early is too early to decorate for Christmas?"

January.

No, I'm kidding. (Actually, I'm not. That is way too early. Or is that considered late?)

I thought rule of thumb was after Thanksgiving. I know that is always when we did the decorating in our house. In fact, as soon as all the turkey was stored away in tupperware, I would want to turn on Christmas music! I'm a huge sucker for the Christmas music, and I love decorating for Christmas. Too bad I'm married to



Ebenezer Scrooge. (I love you, Honey!)

Actually, he refers to himself as a Scrooge and recently he has said "Bah, Humbug!" a few times. Needless to say, if you drive down our street, you will not see lights or decorations of any sort in our front yard. The only thing I "Bah, Humbug!" about is the Christmas tree that my parents passed down to us, which is one of those where you have to put every individual branch on, risking stepping on the metal ends (Stephanie, you know what I'm talking about). The reason behind my hatred for that tree is simply this: I was always the first one to get enthusiastic about the Christmas tree and so they would always make me pull all the branches out of storage (the box wouldn't be pulled out), and carry them all downstairs. By myself.

Bah, Humbug!


That'll teach me to be enthusiastic and have so much Christmas spirit!

I don't know if we're going to do much decorating this year. We won't be here for Christmas because my brother is getting married on December 29th (by the way, check out his fiance's blog - I designed it!) and we are going to be up there during that timeframe.

I digress, back to the question.

So, how early is too early?

Before Thanksgiving. Let's have one holiday at a time, shall we? But that isn't to say I look down on all you super enthusiastic folks! Unless you are starting in January. That's just too much jolly for one girl to handle!
-------

Two more things:

1. You know that haircut I mentioned? Never happened. I am sad.

2. Please check out the button in my sidebar, and please pray for little Isabelle Joy, who is battling Leukemia at 2 years old!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I am visiting from Confessions of a Working Mom via McLinky....
    LOVE your blog design!!!!
    My hubby is Ebenezer as well, I honestly don't think he'd decorate at all if given the choice. Also... we totally have the same tree! Grrr, I hate that thing. Thank goodness hubby loves to put them on & shape them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're celebrating a wedding over the holidays as well, so I undertsand about the lack of decorating this year. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for participating today!

    LOL at your hubby... sorry, Ebenezer! You've got the right idea, though; one holiday at a time

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. We should enjoy one holiday at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, we usually wait until Thanksgiving night, or the day after! Eric doesn't want to decorate this year, but we will!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!