11.08.2009

One By One.



Benjamin and I did not attend church at all today. I have been sick since early last week, and can't seem to kick this cold! While Benjamin has been getting better and better, I have gotten worse and worse, and what's more, I spread it to Hubby as well! I've got a stuffy nose and a scratchy throat, unless I take Theraflu, in which case I have a runny nose and a scratchy throat. Lose/Lose.

On top of the sickness, this morning I was feeling rather down... I'll just come out and say it: I was downright depressed. I threw myself a nice little pity party while Benjamin was napping, then I took a little nap. I woke up to two short whimpers from Benjamin's room and then heard him talking to his Eyore doll, which he sleeps with (tag in hand) every night. It was the sweetest thing, and when I saw that smile on his face when I peeked into his nursery, I was reminded that I needed to count my blessings, instead of throwing myself a pity party.

"Count your Blessings, name them one by one..."



This blessing is named Benjamin.



"And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done."



Lesson learned. Instead of pity partying, focus on what God has blessed you with.

Have you counted your Blessings lately?

post signature

9 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry that you aren't feeling so good but good for you for going to the Lord and choosing to count your blessings! I am amazed how quickly I feel better when I start to do that when I am down.
    Love the pictures!
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, my name is tara, i cant actually remember how i found you blog but i have been reading for a bit, I am a mummy of 2 and in the ministry myself (with my husband). I had my daughter just 13 months after getting married, and i was 20 too. i am not sure what your pity party was about but i know what mine are frequently about, and when you get a rare moment to yourself coupled with feeling physically unwell, it can all get on top of you a bit.
    Glad you could count you blessings. Good to be honest about how your feeling about things sometimes too.
    hope your feeling better today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! Molly always cheers me up and brings me such joy! I love your couch and sign, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! So very very encouraging! I have pity parties too...I can't keep my house clean, I can't seem to be the mom I want to....but then I look at the blessings and it all turns around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry you're sick! Hope you start feeling better soon. I know what you mean about getting down and having pity parties. I love the song that you shared and the pictures...it always lifts my spirits to count my blessings!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sign (and song). It always makes me feel better to get a big grin from Reagan. Babies are so sweet. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better!

    I've thrown myself pit parties before. Just one recently. I am indeed blessed beyond measure. Thanking God for what He has done.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!