See what I mean? So, moms out there, how do I make him stop growing so fast, eh? I know, I know ... impossible. Well. I thought it was worth at least a shot!
-------
As Benjamin has been getting older, he has inevitably been getting hurt a lot more, especially recently! This poor child has gotten hurt so often this past week. Just today he was standing (naked - somehow wiggled out of his diaper) next to his walk n' ride toy, and suddenly fell down. I always give him a moment to see if he is going to roll with the punches or not, and today he shrieked. So I knew something was wrong. I especially knew something was wrong when blood poured out of his mouth. Poor thing had chomped down on his tongue! Hubby was just leaving but I banged on the window for him to come back inside just to make sure Ben was okay. I gave him one of those waterbottle frozen inserts to lick on, and he enjoyed that!
He has so many teeth now, he's gotta train that tongue to keep out of the way (and those wobbly legs to stop all that wobbling!)! Oh, and that mark beside his eye is from where he randomly slammed his head onto my desk and cut the corner of his eye with the edge of the wood. Poor thing!
-------
I have been holding off for a while now on getting Benjamin's hair cut. He was born with so much, lost it all, and got his shock of blonde hair back in abundance! It's getting long now, and I'm finally giving in. So, as long as they don't ask for $15 to do a snip, snip here and a snip, snip there, tomorrow is the day! I hope I don't cry (I will, however, take pictures and keep a lock of hair).
This childhood thing is kind of fleeting, and I'm not really sure if I like it or not. I guess I'll get used to it, but I feel like Karen in her latest post, where she, mother of nine, said,
"Oh! How I wish I could just prop my eyelids open with toothpicks and focus on being more thankful for the little things in my life!"
I know how you feel, at least a smidgen.
Ben's childhood is already fleeting. I'm going to try not to blink!
Aww, poor Benny! Molly was like that too, every time I turned around she was getting "hurt." Nothing ever serious, but still! Hope the haircut goes well!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! It's so beautiful, and so is your son (great name; it's always been at the top of our list for a boy).
ReplyDeleteMy daughter's grown up far too quickly, as well. But I've found that I adore each age more and more than the one before.
~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com
Oh poor Benny! I think I was always the child getting hurt in our family :) I know it's scary though when you're not sure if they're ok or not. I had several experiences like that while I was babysitting. My sister and I were just talking about how fast babies grow up. Her little boy is 10 months old too and you just want to freeze time and keep enjoying them as babies.
ReplyDeleteHope the haircut goes well! Can't wait to see pictures :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I think my mom is beautiful too! :-) Augusta is a BEAUTIFUL city! My husband is in the Army Reserves and he was in training at Fort Gordon from February to June of this year...
ReplyDeleteYour little Benjamin is SO stinking precious!!!