6.28.2010

Potty Talk

About a month ago I wrote that we had bought Benjamin a potty. Well that didn't go so well last month. In fact I am pretty sure he hated it. So we stopped making him sit on it after a while and just let it sit in the bathroom.

Apparently a lot changes within a month because today we tried again and we had a lot more success! Benjamin went successfully 4 times! It was so funny because the last 3 times he clapped for himself, and the last 2 times, he clapped before he even went.

The really good thing is that his diaper has been less wet in between changes too! So it looks like we are really doing it. We are really getting into this potty training!

It is so exciting and I am very proud of my boy! But I'm also sad that he's getting so big. I can't say I'll miss changing all the diapers, though!

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update because I'm just so excited about it!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful Kristen! It is amazing to watch them grow up but I know what you mean about them getting big too. You do an great job with your precious little boy! I always read your updates on what is happening in your families life even though I don't always comment - can't wait to meet you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great he's more into now! Keep it up Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Benjamin!! That's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for him!!! They really have to be ready. It's the one thing they have complete control over and there's nothing we can do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Benjamin! This post gave me some encouragement to start trying with Ella . . . she's started taking her diaper off and bringing it to me when she's full - I think that's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!