6.20.2010

my heart.

Happy Fathers Day to the best father I could have ever hoped for my child and future children {if the Lord so chooses to bless us}!

DSC03537
DSC03538

I can't say enough of how great a father you are, how loving and kind and thoughtful and playful and also firm and grounded you are. How you are a wonderful spiritual leader for this household, and how very thankful I am for that! You are amazing! I love you!

----------

I've spent the last 10 or so minutes crying after my dad showed me a particular YouTube video... and then I remembered how we spent Father's Day 2007 with my Papaw, and 2 weeks later he passed away. It's almost been 3 years. It still hurts as though it happened yesterday.

I still don't feel like talking about it. So I'll just say, I miss my Papaw.



post signature

7 comments:

  1. I understand your loss, Kristen. :( My grandfather died the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and he'd only moved back to the area August of the same year. The timing was just terrible, but looking back [it was impossible to see /anything/ as positive then], we got a few months at least. Anyway, glad you had a good Father's Day. It's been six years since my grandfather passed away and it's still very difficult for my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to your hubs! And it's fun to see him in a few pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your Papaw! Happy Father's Day to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paige. I don't know when it will get easier to hit these sort of holidays without him but I know the 4th of July will be hard (he died the next day), Christmas is hard, and Ben's birthday is hard because he never got to meet him, as Carl and I were not yet married. We got married the very next month so that too is sometimes hard when I get to thinking of it.

    But thanks for commenting. <3 Some days are just hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kate! Same to Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been blessed with an amazing husband and beautiful boy. That makes me happy for you :)

    The only video that really makes me heave and cry is the one of the father who runs triathalons with his disabled son. Boo to the Hoo.
    But sometimes it's good to get it all out I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!