6.12.2010

Up A Tree

Days like today make you really thankful for a nice, cushy couch to lounge on, running water to shower in, and a warm bed to curl up on at the end of the day! We had such a busy day! We got up early and set out to take our stuff to a 3 family yard sale with some friends. It was hot, even in the morning. It was humid and even the shade was hot! But it was a lot of fun and we got rid of a few things that have been giving us grief, like the giant {okay not THAT giant} TV that had been just sitting in the middle of our guest room. I was hoping to sell a lot of Benjamin's clothing but only ended up selling one piece. So since I did not want to take all 4 boxes of clothes, plus a box of toys he almost never played with, we went by the Goodwill donation center on the way home {and picked up some half price drinks at Sonic!}.

In the middle of all that I also had to go to the Ladies' Bible Class and I am sure I smelled AWFUL.

Benjamin had a really good time. That boy was sweaty! But he was a sweaty, happy boy! He played and played and played! And Daddy showed him a brand new trick! Daddy was calling down to him and Benjamin was running around the tree yelling, "Dadda! Dadda! Dadda!" trying to find him! Finally, though, he was able to spot him, and he thought it was the best thing ever.

DSC03356
DSC03357
DSC03358

Until he tried it... he wasn't so sure about that!

DSC03359
DSC03360
DSC03361


I hope you all had a good Saturday too! I am looking forward to the Lord's Day and Bible Class and worship with the Saints! This week is going to be a good one, I just know it!

Oh, and you may have noticed the new look here at Bringing Up Benjamin! I felt it needed a summer face lift! If you refresh the page a new header will come up, so feel free to check those out. There are 8.

And thank you once again for your support on my one post the other day. You all are wonderful friends!

Y'all take care!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. The new look is great! :) Very fresh! Boys sure like to climb trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristen, i love your new look. very good for the summer! i loved these pics of benjamin. i kept thinking "ah, the wonder of a child!" it's just precious! I was a little bit out of the blogging scene for a while, but now that i'm back i look forward to reading some old posts of yours and catching up to the present.

    p.s. i'm still trying to figure out how to leave a comment on here. i left one yesterday, i think, but my pic didn't show up and i have no idea if i did it right or not???

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!