6.28.2010

Millions of Peaches, again!

Well, I'm back! And I am so sorry that I don't have a "Far Above Rubies" post for today - I was desperately tired last night so I decided I'd let those of you who haven't gotten up-to-date on the study to catch up! Next week we will resume! If we don't, you can pop me over the head!

We had a good week last week, in spite of a somehow injured shoulder that only got worse all week. I managed! Hubby finally came to my rescue and we had a really good time visiting family and friends. We even went to Starbucks with my brother and his wife, and two very good friends. Notice I didn't say Benjamin! He went home with my parents and they took care of putting him to bed and everything! It was so nice!

We had a really good VBS too! I'll tell you more about that some other time. I wanted to tell you about the Saturday before this past one. {Which was when Benjamin turned 17 months old - I can't believe I didnt take his pictures or post a thing about him! I'm sorry! I'll make up for it in July!}

My parents came down that Saturday {the 19th} and we went to the Peach Festival. We went last year as well. I thought it was pretty neat that I was able to get a picture of Benjamin a complete year later. Check it out:


One year ago

DSC03629
and this year.

Big difference!

We did more of the same though this year we took containers for our Peach Cobbler instead of just getting small bowls. We stood in line in the heat for some of the World's Largest Peach Cobbler:

DSC03631

DSC03632
Mom felt silly with her container but I told her it was fine.

DSC03635
Can you tell Dad wasn't too impressed?

DSC03639
Hubby standing in line..

DSC03642
The kiddos could cool off with a water slide or the foam jump thing... whatever it's called...

DSC03643
Benjamin cooled off with some lemonade

DSC03657
He did NOT want to go into the foam!

DSC03662

It was fun, but it was really hot, and I'm not sure it was totally worth it. Especially since apparently the peach cobbler wasn't very good in the first place. {What do you expect - it was mixed in trashcans...}

Interested in making a gigantic peach cobbler? Here you go...

WORLD'S LARGEST PEACH COBBLER
75 Gallons slice fresh Georgia Peaches
150 pounds of self-rising flour
150 pounds of sugar
32 gallons of milk
90 pounds of butter
Divide self-rising flour, sugar and milk into six equal parts and pour into six clean trashcans. Mix thoroughly with clean boat paddle. Sizzle 90 pounds of butter in a 5 ft. x 11 ft. baking pan six inches deep. Pour in batter then add 75 gallons of sliced peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for about four hours until golden brown. If you can't get fresh or fresh frozen peaches, you better be prepared to open a lot of giant cans of peaches.


Enjoy.... ha!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference a year makes! Gag on the peach cobbler, double gag about being made in trashcans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally sang the song.....lol

    "Millions of peaches...peaches for me....millions of peaches...peaches for free...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the trashcans were clean, but still...it makes you just not feel good about eating it!

    I can NOT believe how much bigger he is in a year's time!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!