6.03.2010

Goodbye Dora, Hello Bit!

It's been a long time coming... but we finally broke down and said goodbye to Dora our 1999 Ford Explorer Sport. It's an old car, with a slew of problems. Of course, it's a working car and we have been very blessed with all this old thing has been through. I won't go through and list every single detail, but just know that I have refused for a while to drive this thing because I just have not felt comfortable, and not only because the seat leans back waaay too far and doesn't come back up all the way.

Goodbye, Dora the Explorer...

1d3d8578838676c2f80278237a11eb495e5bf678


Hello Bit the Pontiac Torrent {and perhaps any nerds out there will understand why Hubby wanted to name it Bit... or if you have a nerdy husband}

2006pontiactorrent


Of course, neither of those cars are either of the actual cars that we owned, or own now. And neither of those cars are in our driveway at the moment. But I'll get to that in a bit. I know you're dying to hear about our adventurous day!

The day started out with going to the DDS to get my name changed on my license finally, after nearly 3 years of being married. Shame on me, I know! Anyway, that went by surprisingly pain-free! We had an appointment to meet with an auto financer at 3:30 - and we got bumped down to 2:15 so we headed over there after the DDS and it was at a Chevy dealer, which was surprising to us. Anyway the guy was so nice and talked about our cap for monthly payments and what sort of car we were looking for.

And then we went out to the lot and looked at a few different cars. We looked at a Honda Pilot, a Chevy Trailblazer, and of course a Pontiac Torrent. I liked the Honda because it seated 7, but neither of us liked the Chevy because it was too much "truck".

We ultimately decided on Pontiac because of the price being lower. We sat a while in the dealership listening to Hubby reason with himself outloud... ha... haha.... {Love you babe! Thank you for thinking thoroughly about our family!}, until he finally decided that we would seal the deal. I think our salesman was wanting a quicker answer because he had someone else he needed to see, and so he was relieved when he finally was able to shake our hands and congratulate us.

We waited a long time after that. Benjamin, who had done SO well thus far with no nap {we were out of there sometime past 5PM so you know he had to be tired}, got restless so I took him outside and he ran around a while... until he found a puddle and decided to splash in it. I was on the phone with my mom all the while and looked down just as he started to sit down in the puddle. Oh dear.

Anyway, blah blah blah, papers were signed, etc, etc, etc....

They told us we wouldn't be driving our car home that day because someone had left the window down a crack during a HUGE downpour - y'all in the area, how about all this rain we've been getting?? - so they were making sure the dampness inside the car {which was minor} was because someone left the window cracked, not because there was something wrong with the window.

We cleaned out Dora and said goodbye... and then we drove off in this:

DSC02851


Chevy HHR. Do not like. So glad it's not ours! And so glad that we can go exchange it for our sweet Torrent!

The only bad thing about today... is that we have picked up a car payment to add to our list of things we have to spend money on. But we can do this. With God's help! God is so good. We are so blessed.

DSC02852

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. It is so much fun getting a new car! Enjoy it when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A torrent is what I have and I love it! It is black and we have had it 4 years this past May. We bought ours new, but have not had 1 problem with it (Knock on Wood!!!) We have talked several times about trying to get something that seats more, but I am having a hard time letting go of such a good car. Hope you love it as much as I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny about your name changing issue...I'm still working on changing mine! Steven and I will celebrate our anniversary on the 23rd! Guess I better get busy :)

    I'm so glad you got a new car! Hopefully you also got an extended warranty! We got it on our escape so that we could still afford our payments if something went wrong with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll prolly end up with a new van before long b/c the transmission is slowly going out on our current van. Gonna actually look at a van this weekend we can get a deal on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a nerd! I know why you named it Bit! And somehow that makes me feel special!

    Also, I saw Carl's old truck yesterday parked outside the school...and everytime I see it I think of ya'll!

    Ta. Da. TADA.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!