2.04.2011

the makings of a big boy

Last night was a big milestone in Benjamin’s short little life. It was the first night that Benjamin slept all night long in his big boy bed, which actually is my old twin bed that I grew up sleeping in up until I got married. We didn’t have any rails on his bed and maybe we don’t need them {though it would give me peace of mind if we did have some on there}. We shoved his pack-n-play beside his bed and put pillows in there in case he flipped up over the side of the pack-n-play {you never know, right? right?}. We gave him everything he needed. Hubby checked on him about 30 minutes after putting him down and sweet Benjamin was out like a light.

We checked on him before I went to bed, too, and he was still asleep.

And this morning he was still in his bed! We are so proud of our big boy who gets bigger and bigger every day! It’s kind of ironic though because I put him back in his bed to get just ONE good picture of him in his big boy bed and he flipped out baby-style because he thought I was putting him back to bed.

SONY DSC

So… imagine that as a smiling face. Yeah, that’s better.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Oh why does he have to grow up so fast?

1 comment:

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!