9.25.2009

Hot Diggity Dog!

I don't know how I'm doing it, but somehow I am able to keep my eyes open long enough to make this post, and then I am going to pass out in bed and sleep for x amount of hours (x because, well, I have NO clue when Ben might wake up again.). I wish he stuck to a schedule. Right now the only schedule he seems to stick to is actually going to bed around 8:30. I'm not sure why I am so exhausted tonight, but it could be because I had reverted back to my old schedule the past few days, which is a big no-no after getting used to going to bed earlier. Shame on me.

Anyway, this week has been a week of firsts for Benjamin. It has been so exciting. We decided Monday that Benjamin was old enough (at 8 months old - wow) to start eating BIG big boy food.

That morning, we started out by giving him big boy oatmeal (strawberries and cream, and lower sugar, if you were wondering. I'm a bit particular about his sugar and salt intake).


Can't you tell he enjoyed it?


Mmm!


So pleased!

My parents had come down for a short visit, and took us out to eat at Moe's ("Welcome to Moe's!"). Benjamin got a Mini Masterpiece (quesadilla) and, as you can see, he loved it:


(Not to mention the TV that was playing over our table)






Then came spaghetti (yes, I know, isn't spaghetti supposed to be first, like every other baby?!):




Lastly, the hotdog!


"Don't mind if I do!"


He really enjoyed it.


He is SO goofy.


What a sweet hotdog smile!




Good week? Yeah, I'd say so. Tomorrow we have a dinner party to go to (I know, that sounds so sophisticated!) and I am pretty excited about that.

Now, if I could only find a way to keep Ben from wanting to climb all over me every waking moment (so I can actually get stuff done!) ...

5 comments:

  1. Such a big boy you are Benjamin! Love that first picture..and the hot dog smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love all of his expressions! What a big boy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is he???? Love the pictures!!! :) I LOVE when they start eating real food! Makes life SO much easier!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy guy! He is so cute and definitely looks like he's going to be really into this whole eating thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks completely tickled and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!