9.16.2009

Whistle While You Work

All right, finally I am able to sit down and blog ... Benjamin is in bed (crying) and I am taking a few moments now before I go to bed myself.

Right now, amongst the smell of fermented juice that apparently sprayed all over the room (I was getting ready for Bible Class - Hubby was the one who witnessed this marvel), I am going to blog further about my cleaning system that I always sometimes stick to. It's ironic, isn't it? I'm blogging about cleaning while I suffer the stench of a juice bottle I should have taken care of a while ago.

Anyway, if you remember this post, I briefly mentioned our system of cleaning. It was noted that it really wasn't easily viewed, so I decided I would elaborate for those who are interested. Here's our schedule guideline:



Monday - Laundry, Vacuum
Tuesday - Bonus Room, Kitchen
Wednesday - Bathrooms, Wash Towels, Vacuum
Thursday - Kitchen, Laundry
Friday - Bedrooms, Dust, Vacuum

And Saturday and Sunday are my days off from my schedule (mainly because I will spend those days catching up on the stuff I've missed).

Optional: Whistling while you work.

Like I said, this is more of a guideline than a schedule. This week has been very busy and I am ailing with a very hurt shoulder (pinched nerve?), so I haven't gotten as much done as I am supposed to. But I have tried. And that's the thing. As long as I put a good amount of effort into this, I don't feel as bad if everything doesn't get crossed off during the day. And of course, when Ben needs me and wants to play, he is who I am concentrating on, not my house. The housework will be there when I get done playing, who else is going to do it? (I joke - I woke up one morning to a couple of baskets all folded - thanks to a sweet hubby who stayed up late doing that for me!)

And there you have it! This is what works for us (unless, of course, you have a really sore shoulder). It may not work for you, but if you want to give it a shot, go for it!

Ben is out of bed, by the way, and standing beside me (holding onto the couch) crying. So I suppose that is my cue to say Good Night to the blogging world, and attempt to say Good Night to Benjamin once more.

Phew.

4 comments:

  1. You vacuum as much as I do! lol (It is easier to me to vacuum the hard wood floors instead of sweeping) You have to though! Madeline puts everything in her mouth! I like how you have it spread out over the week like that. Saturdays are my bathroom cleaning days - that is the only thing I really plan. That way Matt can play with Madeline so I can get it done.

    I'm sorry your shoulder has been hurting - I hope you feel better, and Ben got to sleep so you could sleep too! Nighty Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 'guideline' and I actually moved our small whiteboard from the side of the fridge to the front in hope of doing something similar. I haven't wrote on it yet but I made an effort by moving it! lol

    I hope your shoulder feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a white board on my fridge too! When my friends come over they laughed and said "What? Can you not remember what to clean?" And I would answer "Yes". It is sooo easy to forget to clean an area that you do not use very often. And it is easy to let things slack off when your schedule gets busy. I love the board and yes they are guidelines or maybe just a reminder... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need to do a schedule like this! Every week I always get overwhelmed with doing it all at once! Thanks for elaborating!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!