12.07.2009

And now for something completely different...

Hi all!

This is not one of those scheduled posts! Aren't you thrilled? Yeah ... I thought so! Here's what we've been doing lately:

Visiting with family. Mom and dad and Melanie (future Sister in Law) left Sunday afternoon so it is just our small family here with my grandparents (and Maggie, their dog). It has been so nice!!

Walking. My grandparents live in a small town where you can walk downtown and spend time at the antique (!!) shops, the coffeehouse, and the drugstore (which has the best milkshakes!). I haven't stepped on a scale but I am hoping all this walking isn't fruitless. :]



Taking pictures! Melanie left her camera with me to play with, so I have been having fun with that. Hers is slightly (okay, a lot) better than my camera, so it is a treat!




Taking steps. Well, one at a time. Yeah, I am talking about Ben. He'll take a step and then lunge forward. This is too much!

Getting Trimmed. And I don't mean Christmas trees. Benjamin had his first haircut today ... he looks like a big boy now and it is depressing! But adorable.






Parading. Or, er, watching others parade around. A long, almost not worth it parade. Actually it was a short parade in length, but it took soooo long.







Loving.

Relaxing.

Cryingandwakingupalotatnight. Well, Benjamin anyway...

Not worrying about neighbors or cleaning house or doing laundry.

It's been really nice.


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a wonderfully relaxing time :) I love antique stores! :) And the pictures of Benjamin! He looks SO adorable :)
    Hoping you have a wonderful rest of your trip :)
    Blessings!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his haircut! So cute and grown up, tear :)So glad you all are having a fun, relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the update! glad you're having fun, thankful you're with family and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos!!! Ridley is needing his first haircut so badly. It just makes me feel a teensy-bit (okay, a lot) sad because he's going to lose that baby look.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. His hair does make him look like a little man!! Glad you are having a wonderful time and have fun with the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're having a wonderful time! Benjamin looks so grown up with his new haircut. Such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun!!!! :) So glad you are getting some time away to have fun! :)
    I love the angles you use to take pictures....so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!