12.30.2009

Ben's Biplane

December is almost over and we are home for good, for now. We have successfully tackled Benjamin's first Christmas, and then my brother's wedding, and nobody is missing tufts of hair. Is that amazing? To me, it is. It has felt like the longest week of my life, only second to Benjamin's first week of life where I was holed up in a hospital receiving blood and all that jazz. Benjamin slept on an air mattress with me (mostly) all week. I am still trying to figure out how someone can roll and crawl around in a bed and not wake up. I was awake.

Benjamin's first Christmas was so fun and exciting. He got a lot of gifts that he adores, which is so nice. Sometimes it is hard to find stuff that entertains him for a long while, and I think his grandparents (and great-grandparents, and even Great-Aunt and Uncle) hit the jackpot with great gifts! From a Cozy Coupe to books, to Fridge Farm, and so many other things - Benjamin is set!

The highlight of Christmas morning, I think, was coming downstairs to find a Benjamin-sized white airplane sitting by the tree.


It was a gift that everyone kept a secret from me and Carl both, and of course Benjamin. It was a pleasant surprise.

The best thing about it...

It was hand crafted by my dad...

Benjamin's Papaw.

Thank you dad, for such a memorable gift!!!



Speaking of memorable gifts... Benjamin has been practicing his walking ever since Christmas! What a gift!

Hope you all have been having safe holidays! More pics later, and of course some of the wedding!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. what a great gift! I love gifts that will always mean something special. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome plane! I love that your Dad made it..those gifts are always the most special, I think. Glad you're back home. I've missed you! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift! That plane is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!