I really appreciate all the input y’all gave on the “Cons to Blogging” post. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because of all that being on my mind. I was pretty certain last night that I was going to start all over on a new blog and just have better security there, but I think what I have decided to do is have this blog email invitation only, that way I know exactly who is viewing my blog. One of the things that has really bothered me about this is I know that some people have come over from a blog that I guess linked me somehow, I dunno… anyway I tried going to the blog to see how people were getting to mine but the blog is invite only itself so I’m like … ookay?
I’m not a super paranoid person, but the fact that we have dealt with this before makes me wary about it happening again. I don’t think that everyone has bad intentions out there on the internet, but I do know that there are people who do take things too far and we are responsible for what we share and the information we give out to people.
So anyway, I figure I will just have this blog as invitation only. I’m going to make the transition … let’s say Saturday. So you can give me your emails, either in a comment, in an email (my email is at the bottom of this blog), or in a facebook message. If you are family or friend, or a blogging friend that I do trust, I’ll be sending you an invite, but for those of you whom I do not know and request an invite, please don’t be insulted if I don’t send one to you. I am just trying to do what is best for my family!
Thanks for all your input! Y’all are great!
Good for you. You can never be too careful. One of the reasons I haven't joined the blogging world. :)
ReplyDeleteKristen,
ReplyDeleteOne suggestion I can make is to leave the blog itself public, but make the photos invitation only, at least any that you don't want the general public to have. Regardless, I'll send you my email, I want to keep up with your blog in whatever form it takes.
- Grant
It would be SO much better if Blogger had the option of making some posts private and some public, but as far as I know, that isn't an option. I know some blogging sites have that. I would switch over but ... I really like blogger! Oh well!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'll likely send the invites out on Saturday! Thanks Grant!
Yep, I remembered (wow, I just tried to spell it rememembered..... odd) you telling me that before! I'm not heartbroken about having to do this though. I blog for friends and family so it all works out! :D
ReplyDeletethis makes me so sad! I'm sorry that someone did this to you! Remember a while back I sent you an email and said I got freaked out about something? I ended up at that time taking out all the frontal pics of our kids off my blog after speaking to a police captain about an issue!!!!! I understand kinda where you are. I cant tell you how I have enjoyed your blog and the encouragement it has given me even at times when I have been surrounded by others but have felt isolation. you were a comfort in a storm that you will never know all about. Thank you for that! I dont want to see your blog go and it makes me mad that people do these things but you have to do what is best for your family always! Invite only sounds good! I may do that as well. I've enjoyed meeting other Christian women through blog hopping. Is there a good way to still do that if it is invite only?
ReplyDeleteYou know I want to keep reading! beingwhatiwanttobe at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteHappy for you and so true. I would love to have an invite. sarah at naptimemomtog dot com. I like your new blog header.
ReplyDeleteKristen
ReplyDeleteI commented on your blog a few weeks back after the devasting storms hit. I found your blog via My Blessed Life. My family attends the church of Christ in Kansas and I felt so moved by how you were helping the fellow brethern. I've enjoyed reading your inspirational posts and I totally agree with the safety factor. My blog is closed to invite only for just that reason. I have 2 beautiful daughters and I want to protect them. I'm sorry that this is happeing to you. I will miss reading your posts. In our church we don't have many families (2 total) with young children and so it was nice to see another Christian woman working hard to raise her child(ren) in this crazy world for the Lord. May God continue to bless the work that your husband and you are doing.
I don't normally comment on your blog, but I do enjoy reading it. :) mangomonkey05@gmail.com
ReplyDelete