5.18.2011

Morning Glories: Rich

morningglories

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”
Isaiah 61:10

Have you ever thought about how rich we are? When you’re not blinded by worldly things that so easily and frequently get in the way, you can see just how rich we are in Christ. We are clothed with the garments of salvation that have been bought at the greatest price. All the riches in the world could not come close to being sufficient to the price that was paid on the cross for our salvation. We have been covered with the robe of righteousness, and all we had to do was become obedient to God’s will.

We are so very, very rich, aren’t we? I don’t know how much more I could say about this verse without being repetitive. I hope you all feel rich today as you remember what our Lord has clothed us with.

blog comments powered by Disqus