5.16.2011

Morning Glories: Make Joyful Your Default

morningglories

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
Proverbs 17:22

My bones were so dry yesterday. I did not have a very good day due to a lot of factors piling up on each other. I tried to be as joyful as I could but I just couldn’t seem to make myself have a good day. I had forgotten, it seems, that it is my choice to make the best of any situation. If only I had seen this verse yesterday!

It is so easy to let yourself have a bad day, isn’t it? I am sure we all have those “off” days when things just don’t go our way and we just feel down in the dumps. It happens, I know, for everyone. But it is easy to let these moods be our default, too. And when we do, we are just drying up our bones!

The medicine is a joyful heart! Here are a few other verses to go along with this and maybe we can see how it is that we can make joyful our default!

“A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:
but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”
Proverbs 15:13

{remember our post about blessed meaning ‘O, how happy’?}

“Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.”
Psalm 32:1

“O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”
Psalm 34:8

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.”
Psalm 1:1-2

“And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.”
Psalm 35:9

I know that there are many other verses in the Bible that show me how I can be joyful. I need to meditate on God’s word and that will help me make joyful my default. I always look up to those people who always seem to be in joyful, thanksgiving, content mode.

So today and the days following, that is what I am going to try to do. Make joyful my default mode and be better able to deal with the “off” days. I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!

blog comments powered by Disqus