Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful, sweet, hospitable, amazing, wonderful, fabulous, hilarious, comforting, frugal, special, fantastic, and over all godly Mother! I love my mom so much! I wish that I could spend this special day with her. It is hard being even four and a half hours away from my mom on days like these. I wish I could tell her how blessed I am to have her in my life. She is my best friend (besides Carl). Each and every day I find new ways to value my upbringing because of the hand she had in it (as well as my dad). She is such a good example to me.
I wrote this about her in a recent blog post when she was visiting with us in April:
I have to brag a little bit because I love her dearly and she doesn’t get near enough credit for what she does. She is the picture of servitude. I am sure we all know that Christ set the example in the Bible of serving others and placing others before yourself. If there is one person who exemplifies this over and over in her every day life it is my mother. I guess when I was younger I didn’t see things for what they really were but now I can see clearly that all my life I have had this great example for me and now I pray I can be like her in this aspect.
My mom is just amazing. She is always willing to help even if you don’t ask her to. She has been in the kitchen much of this week taking care of the dishes before I could get to them, and asking me what she could do when I was cooking. I know that she does this when we visit her mom too and my dad’s mom. She has always been willing to step up and take to teaching Bible classes, even age groups she wasn’t comfortable with, because she felt it was her duty. She has never refused to sit with the elderly or sit with someone at the hospital. She cooks for people, she sends out cards on birthdays and anniversaries…
I could go on. I really could. I don’t know how she does it, but my mom is amazing. What a servant she is! I hope I can be this way. I want to be like her.
Happy Mothers’ Day, Mom! I love you and appreciate you more than I could ever express! Thank you for everything. For being my Mom first and then my friend. For raising me to love the Lord. For being that Christian example of the Proverbs 31 woman all my life, even if I didn’t fully realize it until I, too, became a Mother.
I love you, Mom!
{And Happy Mothers’ Day to all my friends who are Mothers! We’re all so blessed, aren’t we? I love it. Today is so special!}