Anyway, another reason I am saying "Wow" is because I was just remembering our vacation at Disney, and I wanted to share more pictures with you!
Here's a dream come true for me!:
Seeing and standing in front of the Cinderella Castle! Wow! That was amazing! I have always wanted to see the castle, because Cinderella is my all-time favorite princess! This was incredible and I was so excited. One thing that disappointed me was that we weren't able to get someone to take our whole family picture here. Oh well!
We rode a few rides when we got there, including the Haunted Mansion {a big NO from Benjamin and a half-hearted one from me - I don't like being in complete dark!} - and then one that Benjamin actually enjoyed - The Pirates of the Caribbean ride! That one was a lot of fun. After the ride, we walked out to retrieve our stroller and ran across a side show run by Cap'n Jack Sparrow himself {okay- not Johnny Depp, but he was pretty much EXACTLY like him!}!
At the end of the side show, Cap'n Jack asked for volunteers to join his crew, and we jokingly raised Benjamin's hand - and surprisingly enough, Cap'n Jack asked him to join! So Benjamin {with the help of Daddy} got to stand on stage and receive a certificate that says he is a pirate now! {I am convinced this was Hubby living one of his childhood dreams through Benjamin - ha!!}
After this, we came across a folk band playing in the street and we stopped to sit and listen a while because it was really good! Benjamin danced a little bit and he really liked the music! {They even played Under the Sea at a different point in time when we passed by}
To my surprise {and, I suppose relief}, we didn't run into many characters. We did run into the line to meet Snow White, but it was kind of long and it was so very hot out so we didn't get in line. I snapped a couple pictures of her and I have to say her voice was JUST like the movie!
Benjamin Pendragon stopped to pull the sword out of the stone before he and Mommy got on the carousel...
It was so hot out so every chance we got to sit down, we took it! These were taken before we went to Minnie's Cottage - which by the way is NOT for a busy-body toddler.
Benjamin's favorite attraction was Donald's Boat! He had so much fun running from fountain to fountain with the other kids. He made a few friends and followed them around and talked to all the kids there! By the time we left he was completely soaked and so very happy - except not so very happy to have to leave! We were glad that he was able to cool off and thankful for the break from walking all over the place too!
Hey, you can even see the shoes that Hubby shed in these pix! Yes, the ones with the orange stripes! He enjoyed this attraction as well...
After this, we decided to head back toward the gates... and the rest... comes in yet another blog post!!
--------
While I have you, though, I'll go ahead and do the 30 Days of Music for today: day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument : "Leave it to Beaver Theme". I can play this on Clarinet, or at least I used to be able to! I played clarinet for 6 years so I know a few... this one though was fun!
I absoultely love the pic of Benjamin trying to pull the sword from the stone! Soo sweet!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a great time! I cant wait to go to Disney in the fall. It will be a first time for me as well!
All I can say is that we went to Disney at the WRONG time! Your pics are great there aren't 5000 people in them with you! It was massively crowded when we went in December but we still had a great time. Hailey will be so proud of Ben for going on Haunted Mansion (she LOVES rides) Pirates is my fav too! p.s. I got a little teary during the first parade we saw too... I was just so happy my kids were getting to see such a spectacular show with all the characters they love coming to life. Plus Woody walked right up to Jack and shook his hand... I thought he was going to pass out!!! Can't wait to go back :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm so glad y'all were able to go! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Jack Sparrow look alike is pretty good!!
ReplyDelete