.It means that people will look at you differently, in the church and in the community.
.It means that people will hold you to a higher standard, no matter how wrong it may be.
.It means that you share in the joy and trials of others on a more personal level.
.It means that you may see more of the good, bad, and ugly of the people around you.
.It means your heart swells with pride when you hear the truth being spoken from your husband's lips, and even more so when they compliment your husband in front of you.
.It means you stand behind your husband and with him endure criticism, ridicule, and false accusations.
It's a blessing, it truly is, to be a preacher's wife. But any life isn't without it's troubles.
Right now my family is enduring troubles, and I ask you all to keep us in your prayers as we get through this. My husband has been terminated as the preacher where we have been for nearly 2 years, and we are now looking for somewhere else to go. In the coming weeks we will be packing and looking for another place, but most of all praying. Please keep us in your prayers!!
God is worthy of all our praise, no matter what the circumstance!
Though I, through the valley of shadow, O’er mountain or troubled sea,
And oft in the darkness, have traveled, The Lord has been mindful of me.
Much more than my grief and my sorrow, Much more than adversity,
Much more than the all I have given, The Lord has been mindful of me.
I’m rich! I am saved! I am happy! I’ve health and prosperity!
I’ve friends! I have doors ever open! The Lord has been mindful of me.
The Lord has been mindful of me! He blesses and blesses again!
My God is the God of the living! How excellent is His name!
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits; even the God of our salvation" (Ps. 68:19)
PS - if I am a bit absent on here, now you know why!
Will be praying for you, sweet lady!
ReplyDeleteLove you, sis! <3
ReplyDeletewe love you and are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteY'all are in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteHey, girl. I know you haven't heard from me in FOREVER...life is SO crazy, but, hey, can't go into all that now. Still think of you ALL the time, and, of course, check the blog (but not able to as often as I'd like =/). Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for y'all and will continue to do so...your requests are going into my prayer journal tonight. May His love and peace engulf you and may His blessings overwhelm you. All things work for good... Love ya!
ReplyDeleteKristen,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the trials you and your family are going through. We will be praying for your sweet family that you find a new, and happy home very soon! Please let me know if you need anything. Even just a chat.. I know the preacher background quite well! ;)
Hugs,
Crystal
Steven and I are praying for you and your family. Good things will come from this. They have to! Have faith and keep your heads up!
ReplyDeleteWhere God closes a door He also opens a window. That's what my mom has always told me. The Lord has a plan for you. I do pray for peace for you during this turbulant time. I meant it when I said to let me know of anything I can do.
ReplyDelete