8.29.2010

Far Above Rubies: Proverbs 31:25

Far Above Rubies

First of all, I am so sorry I have been so slack concerning this series! We are nearing the end of it and I have still been very bad at doing this. Things are so hectic around here, but that shouldn't keep me from taking time out to do Far Above Rubies! I am trying to do better, so bear with me! My sweet friend Kara told me how much she had been missing it and it has inspired me to do it before I get busy come tomorrow. Thank you, Kara, for reminding me that this isn't only for me!

This week we will be looking at Proverbs 31:25.

"Strength and honour are her clothing;
and she shall rejoice in time to come."
- Proverbs 31:25

It is apparent that this first part about her clothing being strength and honour is speaking figuratively about this virtuous woman. This is a meaningful verse to me especially in these difficult times that we have been facing recently. This woman "wears clothing" of strength and honour, because she has no reason not to be able to do so. She doesn't have to worry or fret. She can be confident in what lies ahead because "she shall rejoice in time to come."

How does she know this? Because she is a godly woman and those who serve the Lord will be blessed! Here are a few verses that go along with that - and one of my favorites (Matthew 6:33) is included!

1) Psalms 37:25: "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
2) Psalms 112:7: "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD."
3) Matthew 6:33: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
4) Hebrews 13:5-6: "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

Hebrews 13:5-6 ... wow. Just reading that right now, when I feel like giving up from time to time, that verse really touches me. It literally brings tears to my eyes. What an awesome God we serve, am I right?! God will NOT forsake me!

In fact, where in the Bible have we ever read about God forsaking man?! Nowhere! Man has always been the one forsaking God - God has always been where He will always be!

The virtuous woman wore clothing of strength and honour and it was evident that she could boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

I don't know about you all, but this study couldn't have come at a better time for me and I am so thankful that I took the time to sit down and do this. I hope you all enjoyed this and can jump in with comments or your own blog posts!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Kris!! You're so sweet! And as always, such good points! I am thrilled to be studying with you!! =) And I am thrilled to you have in my life! I really liked your thoughts on this-- and it's very good timing for me, too. We always need to be reminded of how much God loves us and who much we owe Him! It's overwhelming, isn't it?! Thankful for the hope of Heaven! Glad you wrote this!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to get mine up this wkend!!

    Those who trust in God know that joy comes in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!