8.02.2010

Far Above Rubies: Proverbs 31:24

Far Above Rubies

"She maketh fine linen, and selleth it;
and delivereth girdles unto the merchant."
- Proverbs 31:24


We have already discussed before how the virtuous woman is willing to work with her hands. This verse discusses how she somehow finds the energy and time to make these fine linens, and then even has some left over to sell! She is interested in expanding the family's income and helping to provide for her family!

There are a lot of people out there who are not willing to work to help their families. While I don't mean you have to be a working mother {I certainly do not plan on being a 'working' mom}, that doesn't mean you can't keep your family in mind and do what you can to make extra money where you can. What sort of talents do you have? There are a lot of places you can sell your goods online!

What I have a hard time with is finding the time to do everything! Time management especially with a little one can sometimes be hard, but this virtuous woman does it!

I'm sorry I don't have more to say on this subject! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, lovely passage especially because lately I have been trying to find out what that my great talent is. I have this feeling God wants me to find what that talent is and use it for his glory. I pray every day to realize what it is, but still searching. I know I am good at certain things like cooking and cleaning; I know it sounds mundane, but cleaning is one of those things I do good...lol. I think the biggest part is as you say, the time management. Finding the time to turn that talent into something that will help your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree on the time management! It can be hard to find the time to get things done that need to be!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!