We got there very late Sunday Night/Monday Morning. It was so good to see my dear Kindred Spirit, Autumn, again! It felt like it had been forever! And we got to see her husband Matt and their daughter Alethia as well! It was so fun!
Monday we spent preparing for our Disney Trip!! Did I tell you we were going to go?? We ended up being able to get out to Disney on Tuesday and it was so much fun! I had never been before and obviously neither had Benjamin! Unfortunately Autumn had gotten sick since we stayed out so late that night trying to get everything ready (she is 21 weeks pregnant), so they didn't get to come with us. That was a big bummer. But we still had a ton of fun at Disney.
While I would love to put all of the pictures here in one big post, I'm not going to because I am still oh-so-tired! So let me just give you a few at a time and tell you about our trip!
We went to bed at 1AM and got up at 3:30AM to go to Disney! Yes, we are in fact crazy. We drove around looking for the place we were getting our tickets from {if you are interested, ask in the comments and I'll let you know - we got a good discount!}, and finally made it to Disney at 11AM. Yes, it took THAT long!
Benjamin was so funny! He would make Monkey noises everytime he saw Mickey and Minnie or heard us say "Mickey Mouse". I guess Mickey sounds like "Monkey" - and I guess to a one-year-old who has never seen Mickey Mouse {we don't watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because of the amount of euphemisms for God's name being taken on that show - and I would never want to hear that come out of Benjamin's mouth!}, Mickey looks like a Monkey! ha! Anyway, it was so cute!
This was SO exciting for all of us, especially when Benjamin projectile vomited just as we got to this gate! Yes, you read correctly. I believe he was a little carsick. It wasn't a big deal, and he didn't do it again, so we were fine! He just had to change his pants so we didn't have any extras for the rest of the day. A little note for you who haven't been and want to take your small children: bring a few changes of clothing, not just one.
We took the ferry over to Magic Kingdom because it looked less crowded than the monorail. It was pretty fun and laid-back as well! I was so anxious to get to the park though! Finally, FINALLY we got there, and got through baggage check, and FINALLY we went through the gates into the most Magical Place on Earth!
Ahhh, the atmosphere! It was so much fun even walking down mainstreet! We got there right at the tailend of the opening parade! I am so glad we did, too, and I wish we had gotten there as soon as it had opened, but oh well!
We had wondered if Benjamin would be afraid but he really loved the parade! He loved all the singing and dancing and the floats and characters! He was GLUED. It was such a magical moment for me because it was my first time, and his, and we were experiencing it together! It really touched me and I admit that I did cry during this parade because I was so overwhelmed! It was so much fun!
And after the parade, we went on to enjoy the rest of our fun-filled, super super hot day!
That's all I'm going to share right now because for one thing a phone call distracted me, and another, it takes me a while to do all this, ha!
-------
I guess I should also pick back up on the 30 Days of Music where I left off! So, day 25 - a song that makes you laugh : Too bad I can't reuse "Trololo"... ha! okay, a song that makes me laugh... "Chimpanzee Riding on a Segwey" - Parry Gripp.
Yes, it is just for fun :)
Tomorrow we will pick back up with Far Above Rubies so be ready!
What a great experience for you all! It's been so long since I've been there.
ReplyDelete