8.10.2010

home again, home again, jiggity jig

So sorry for leaving you all hanging there like that! We had a long weekend and I had no time to get on here and blog. I can't believe summer is coming to a close, mainly because it is still extremely hot here and there doesn't seem to be an end to this heat. You just want to stay indoors all day long and I am so glad we have so many things to do inside {we as in Benjamin - he has a plethora of toys and activities} so we don't often have to venture outdoors.

Today we had day 3 of Benjamin's swim safety lessons and he did really well! He definitely did not scream as much as he did last week and he didn't arch his back when she was about to put him in the water. He is getting more used to it, and getting more used to Miss Nadine, which is so good. It is a lot easier to watch her dunk him underwater! Today I watched as he swam with no help toward the steps!! Of course, she was right there by him, but I was amazed! He is so smart!

We were visiting with some new friends over the weekend and they went on and on about how smart Benjamin is {and you'll just have to excuse me "bragging" about my baby boy. You know this blog is about him!}! They are engineers and they joked that Benjamin was going to be an engineer because he has "the knack"! I am a proud mama when other people brag about my baby boy! I don't really know what the knack is, but they said this as Benjamin observed the way a remote caddy spun around as he placed various remotes in various places, and rearranged them. I guess that's something that says "engineer"? ha!

{We all know he's going to be a preacher like his daddy, though!}

Anyway... I think I am more than ready for this heat wave to go away! Heat just adds to my frustrations usually and today I was so frustrated! Benjamin was so tired from the weekend that he just did not want to obey mommy and daddy and we had to do some disciplining - a lot of it. Time-Outs are our best way to get the point across because he absolutely hates going into Time-Out. That is our last resort as we also pop him if he misbehaves and if that doesn't get the point across {sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, depending on his mood}, into Time-Out he goes.

Motherhood can be so hard, right? I hate having to discipline, but it is so necessary. We had an encounter today with some undisciplined children... but I'll not get into that...

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that we are all alive and well! Tired, sometimes frustrated, but well! I wish I had some pictures to share with you but right now I am so tired!!

post signature

blog comments powered by Disqus