So last night I went to bed the same time that Benjamin did. In fact, I let him sleep in the bed with me until he woke up again to eat. We went around.. 8:30. Maybe even before then. He woke up around 10:30 to eat and then went into his crib. I am still trying to wake up. I guess my body is not used to getting so much extra sleep. I'd still be asleep now if Benjamin hadn't wanted to get up and play.
On the agenda today: clean Ben's room, the guest room, the living room, and the downstairs. Oh, and the kitchen. Vacuum all the floors. THEN proceed to the porch and clean that off, because we have a patio set coming Wednesday and we want it to be relatively clean out there. Yesterday Carl pulled up the disgusting carpet tiles and stored them in the shed out back. I'd LIKE carpet out there, but not THAT carpet. It makes me think the previous tenants had a dog that piddled on the carpet. Ugh.
Yesterday was also a busy day emotionally for me. I don't really want to talk much about it but let's just say it's a real kick in the pants when you realize that all the while you've been trying to be the "better" person in a situation, only to turn out to be far from who you should have been. I have a lot of things I need to work on. Aren't we all a work in progress?
Anyway, I don't have much else to say. As I said, I'm still trying to wake up. The only caffeine in the house is coffee and that ain't happening. So I just have to convince myself that it's ohkay to be awake.
Hope all have a lovely Tuesday!
(((hugs to you))) for you emotional day; I think we'll continue to be a work in progress until the day Jesus comes back or takes us home. As long as we are moving in the right direction with progress, I think that's what counts in the long run and what the Lord wants from us. After all, he did promise he would make us new creations and knowing him, he always keeps his promises :)
ReplyDeletebetty