I am Kristen. I don't do things like everyone else. I got married before any of my friends did. I had just graduated high school in May and got married in August. I was 18. I didn't care about prom (I was homeschooled anyway). I was worried about a wedding. I married a great guy named Carl. We met on MySpace (gasp!) through a mutual friend, and then met in person the same month. Two months later, I was engaged. Everyone was talking like I was making a huge mistake and I was too young. So far, I think we've proved them wrong.
Promptly after returning from a Honeymoon in Chattanooga, TN, I was whisked away to my new home, Memphis Tennessee. It was the furthest I had ever been away from home without my parents. You see, I'm a Georgia girl, born and raised. Anyway, my husband was a student at the Memphis School of Preaching, about to start his second year. We would be gone in June. Between August and the following June, I attended Wives Class, a class for the wives of the students to learn certain things pertaining to being a preacher's wife. It was beneficial. And although I may have had my complaints, I really do miss it.
Things happened. Not big things. Some little things. That brings us to May (I want to say 13th) when we found out I was pregnant. Carl wasn't surprised. I had been in denial. We were overjoyed. Our baby was due January 14th. In June we moved in with my parents as my husband hadn't found a preaching job yet. We spent four very stressful, cramped months there, but months peppered with joy as in those months we had our first doctor's appointments. We heard the baby's heartbeat, saw the baby, felt the baby, and found out we were having a boy all in those four precious months.
I haven't mentioned yet how blessed I am. But if you haven't caught on yet, I have a very, very blessed life. I thank God daily for everything He has blessed me with! I am so undeserving!
Carl got a job in Fort Valley, GA, preaching at the Fort Valley church of Christ. We moved down in November and we've been through quite a lot since.
January 14th rolled around, no baby. January 19th, I was induced. You can read the birth announcement here.
Someone asked my future sister-in-law once what I had planned to do before I had gotten pregnant. That question sort of took me aback. Who had ever say I had planned anything but the way my life is? Who says I can't have a family this young, and want it that way? I had no plans whatsoever besides being a wife and eventually a mother. The sooner the better! I got what I want! I don't need a further education to be successful in life. I don't need a career to be successful.
I am a child of God. That is success enough for me.
I am the wife of a loving, caring husband. That is success enough for me.
I am the mother of a beautiful, wonderful baby boy. That is success enough for me.
About my likes and interests... I have always wanted to be a writer. I just don't know what to write about. I have a few ideas that I am playing with.... I also love photography. I used to say I wanted to do it professionally, when I had actually thought I ever wanted to do anything professionally. Now, it's just a passion. I enjoy music. Ask me what I like, I'll tell you.
I cloth diaper. I breastfeed. I plan on homeschooling. I'm pro-life. I'm pro-Bible. I'm pro-Morals. I'm anti-Sin. Ask me about the church of Christ. Ask me anything.
I am Kristen. It's nice to meet you.
Hi! Thanks for the link back to my blog (The Eco Chic). I'm enjoying reading all about you and your lovely family. My baby girl was born a few weeks before Benjamin; her name is Bailey. I can't wait to 'get to know' you better. PS...I'm also a GA girl...raised in Cherokee Co but we moved away 4 yrs ago to Sunny FL!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention that you are a very good writer..not just a writer..
ReplyDeleteHi! It's so nice to "meet" you. :) I too am Pro-God, Pro-Bible, Pro-Life (My husband is the VP for Florida Right to Life), Pro-Morals & anti-sin.
ReplyDeleteI also breastfed my daughter Mikaela (20 mo. old) and we cloth diaper her as well. We also plan on Homeschooling her (and any other children we may have). I always love meeting other Moms who plan on homeschooling.
you sound like a wonderful young woman!! I'm amazed that you are 20, a wife of a preacher, a mother and have such a strong faith in the Lord; that is awesome!! my 20 y/o son is still struggling with so much of his life, but you seem to be knowing who you are and making it work; that is fantastic!!!
ReplyDeletebetty