6.17.2009

Good morning?

I am up at 5AM.

Granted, that's definitely not as bad as being up at 3AM or even 4AM, which has happened. It's not as nice as feeding the baby and then putting him down to sleep till 7. But, I guess rather than complaining about the time, I'll count it as a blessing of sorts.

It isn't 3AM... it ISN'T 3AM...

I'll keep telling myself this to make sure I don't get upset for being awake. And it's a good thing I've been getting more sleep lately. Oh yes. If not, ooohhhh. I'd be in tears right now, most likely. Actually, I am relatively calm considering the cause of my early consciousness.

What is that cause, you ask?

Poop.

Yes, you read correctly. Poop. Apparently the side of Benjamin's diaper had come undone. I went to get him from his crib to feed him (yes, we are still doing that), and I spied a dark spot in the darkness on his crib sheet. I'm thinking, That can't be what I think it is... not this morning... not now... A hand went down and I winced when I felt wetness. But "wetness" isn't dark. On went the light. (Baby crying all the while, by the way. He was hungry!) And I immediately called for my husband as I peeked into the crib.

Lo and behold, poop.

Everywhere.

Well, not everywhere. I'm actually surprised it wasn't all over him. But apparently he remained pretty still in the crib. This is surprising because he has been very mobile recently. My husband came in and helped. Last time I cleaned this up by myself and it was kind of stressful. I wasn't doing that again. Besides, he had to see this. He had missed it last time.

I haven't put him in the tub yet. I'm hoping he will get sleepy again soon. He is always wide awake whenever we put him in the tub. I was hoping he would sleep on his little pallet my husband made for the baby on the floor next to our bed. That didn't work out. So I'm downstairs on the computer, and the baby is on a blanket at my feet playing with his pacifier. I'm about to sneak into the bathroom because a girl's gotta go when a girl's gotta go. Look like someone's getting sleepy. And it isn't me because I am already sleepy. There's no getting about it.

Anyway. Happy Wednesday. I'll post my Wordless Wednesday later. And no, it won't be a picture of a crib full of poop. Although that picture would definitely speak volumes for itself for mommies the world over.

By the way, when I heard him crying in his room, I had just dreamed that I found nighttime cloth diapers on sale online for $1.98. So weird.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a crappy (pun intended) morning! I hope Benjamin takes a long afternoon nap today so you can get some rest.

    BTW, how sweet of your husband to help. I'm pretty much on my own for night-time parenting stuff.

    Thanks for commenting on my WW post. I hope you stick around, as I will be doing with your blog. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you woke up to poop - thats always a rough start to a day - not to mention changing the crib sheet. That isn't a fun job! hope you got rest and had a good, leak free day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a not nice wake-up call so early in the morning; this is the one thing I don't miss about babies; the messes.

    hope you got to catch up on some sleep later in the day

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!