6.27.2009

we'll all float on.

I haven't really posted anything substantial this week. It's been a rough week, I guess, only because I am so tired. I need to start going to bed earlier. WAY earlier.

Anyway, my real problem started out last Sunday. I'm not going to go into huge details. But I'll just say that it is a real blessing to be able to raise our son the way WE want to, and I'd appreciate it if people who feel differently about the way we raise him, they'd keep it to themselves. Carl and I are adults and don't need lectures on raising Benjamin. ON TOP of that, we don't appreciate being talked about behind our backs about our "terrible", "amateur" parenting skills.

I'm still waiting on an apology, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm learning now what Eric Owens meant when he said that family can be a blessing, but it can also be a cursing.

I digress.... and it's a hard thing for me to do!

Other than that, we got a new pool for Benjamin, one that could fit all three of us. That's going to be real nice as the temperature here has already peaked at 102 degrees. Sometimes I feel like we are living inside a volcano. So hot.

Benjamin has decided that he would very much like to crawl, so he is trying his best. He is so mobile now, I can't believe it! Next month he will be six months old! Wow! Just looking at him and watching him grow melts my frustration. There is nothing wrong with the way we parent. He is a healthy, happy, growing boy.



"Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on."


4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, everyone who is a new parent has "amateur" parenting skills because they have no idea how to raise a baby (I didn't). Even if a person did a lot of babysitting, the baby/child was not their baby and they were just going along with what the parents told them to do. We all are very amateur when we come to raising kids, believe you me I was no expert (and after 23 years I still don't think I have got it down all right). You love God, you love your husband, you love your baby. You are doing a great job. Benjamin looks so very happy, you must be doing something right. Don't worry about what others say and just keep doing what you/Carl think is best for Benjamin. I believe God will lead you to make the right decisions on how to parent Benjamin as you seek his guidance.

    sometimes our family who should be our biggest supporters end up hurting us the worst. I know I've been guilty of that in the past.

    pat yourself on the back; you are doing a GREAT job!!!

    now the fun begins as Benjamin starts crawling, always have to keep an eye on him, what joy!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 5 kids you would think hurtful comments on our "parenting style" would not be so hurtful ... but depending on who makes the comment it can still hurt. What I have learned is how to deal with it a little better. Basically - take it to GOD. Your little bundle of joy is truly a gift from GOD, so really HE is the only one you need to answer to.

    Bless you! And your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, we had that problem too. In about 10 years when your child is the only one not doing drugs, cursing, disrespectful or promiscuous, they'll change their tune ;) As the years pass you'll develop a thick skin. I can't tell you how many arguments and discussions I had to have with family over basic things that (I think) should be second nature like seat belts and bigger things like our choice to homeschool. Follow God's leading and it will turn out great (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments! I really really appreciate it! Feelin the love! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!