Anyway, so as soon as hubby woke up, I informed him I had been up at 3AM with his son. He took the baby downstairs with him so I could sleep in and I slept till...
Wait for it...
Noon.
It was so. So. SO. nice.
Not only that, but a few hours after that, I folded some clothes, and then I took a nap with the sweet baby boy. There is absolutely nothing like cuddling up to a baby and going to sleep. Benjamin now sleeps in his crib by himself, but the first couple months, he slept with us because it was the only way he would sleep without waking every hour. I miss it. I mean, it is nice having a bit of space in the bed... we only have a full-size bed. But I miss cuddling my sweet baby boy to sleep. Sometimes I bring him in the bed with us in the morning to get a bit more sleep. Or I'll side-nurse and fall asleep that way.
Anyway.
It's Friday night. I don't think I mentioned that we no longer have cable. DirecTV wanted to charge us $50 for someone to come out and look at our dish. We had gone hours without a signal. Anyway, Carl got frustrated with them and just canceled the whole shabang. Which is ohkay, because we didn't watch much of it anyway. Anything we want to watch, we can watch via the internet or Netflix.
So can someone tell me where the week went? I can't seem to find it. Tomorrow is Saturday, woah.
I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight in case Benjamin decides to stay up at 3AM again. Maybe I'll be able to withstand it a little better.
Goodnight all!
oh, PS - Benjamin will be five months old next Friday. What. In. The. World.
Wow, I can really relate to this post. I don't know how many nights I've rocked the baby ini tears, because he just wouldn't go back to sleep. It's hard and miserable at the time, but I never would change that and just have him cry, like you said.
ReplyDeleteI also understand the co sleeping thing; Jay slept in our bed for 10 months, and in our room until recently (as I'm sure you already know) :) He still ends up in bed with us most mornings, even if just for a few minutes of snuggles before we all get up.
Treasure those moments. Jay is still small,but I'm amazed at how big he's gotten, and how quickly. They will only be our babies for a very short time.