6.11.2009

We did it!

Last night was the first night we tried using a cloth diaper all night long. The only thing that had been holding me back had been the fact that most of our diapers have really slack leg gussets and the poop escapes sometimes (I'm working on fixing that, though). We ran out of disposables yesterday morning when B had his huge blowout, so I figured we'd just save one of the good diapers for nighttime. So I stuffed a flat fold in with his insert in his BumGenius diaper for some extra absorbency, as he is a heavy wetter at night.

No leaks at all! I am proud to say I am on board with cloth all the way! I was so pleased when I changed him this morning and didn't have to pull off his clothes because of a leak - not even a pee leak! More importantly, not even a poo leak!

Yay for cloth! I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! That is wonderful! I hope you continue to have leak free nights! You're a good Mommy. Carl and Benjamin are pretty lucky=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen!!

    Have you seen that the Real Diaper Association
    (www.realdiaperassociation.org) is launching the Real Diapers, Real Babies
    Photo Contest this week? The contest will be more successful – and thus
    more helpful to the cloth diaper movement – with more publicity. Please help by joining
    the contest! Blog about it! Tweet about it! Buzz about it! See below
    for more information.

    The Real Diaper Association (www.realdiaperassociation.org) is launching
    the Real Diapers, Real Babies Photo Contest this week. Winning photos, as
    selected by RDA members, will grace the pages of their first annual RDA
    Calendar, with the top three winners to receive special prizes. The Grand
    Prize is sponsored by diapershops.com (www.kellyscloset.com), with
    runners-up to receive prizes from Babies in Bloom (www.babies-in-bloom.com)
    and Mama Momo (www.mamamomoonline.biz). Proceeds from calendar sales will
    help to fund the RDA’s support of local cloth diaper advocacy and
    education as well as special projects like the joint project with the Real
    Diaper Industry Association to facilitate the use of cloth diapers in the
    daycare setting. Keep up-to-date with the contest status on the RDA blog
    at www.realdiaperevents.org!

    Please contact me or Heather McNamara, RDA Executive Director at
    heatherm@realdiaperassociation.org with any questions. Thanks!

    I am looking forward to seeing your fluffy pic of Benjamin!

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!