9.22.2009

It's time to start thinking about pumpkin pie.

I have never made a pie. I have never actually liked pie until very recently, and now that it is fall, and since I love all things pumpkin, it's time to start thinking about pumpkin pie. I was saving my pumpkin for some pumpkin bread, but I have a strong desire to make a pie - I just could not wait! So I have the pie crust (not brave enough to make one from scratch just yet) and all I need is the whipped cream for the top and we'll be set to make and eat our pumpkin pie. I'll let you know how that goes.

Why, though?


Because it is the first day of Fall!

I love Fall. It is such a beautiful, pleasant season. Maybe it's because I was born in November. I just love the weather, the way it cools down so pleasantly and how the leaves start changing on the trees. I love the thought of fall festivals and jumping into piles of freshly-raked leaves. The sights, the smells ... everything about it is just wonderful.

A couple days ago I took Benjamin outside to take some pictures, and although it was still summer then, I think we got a little foretaste of the impending season:












It's extra exciting because it's My Pumpkin's first Fall! We're going to have to think up some fellowship activity here, a Fall Festival of some sort, and perhaps make it annual. Sometime in October would be nice ... Any ideas?

I'm so excited about the weather cooling down [hopefully really soon] and about all things pumpkin! Especially watching my little pumpkin learn so much during his first Fall!

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! I love the lighting and autumn tones of the 2nd to last one. Yay for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall! But I do not like Pumpkin Pie! I love pumpkin bread, with choc. chips :) I make my hubby a pumpkin cheesecake every year, which I also dislike! Good luck in your pumpkin endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a homemade, from scratch pumpkin pie once, even the whip! It's not too hard! Trust me, I'm not a bonafied baker of any sort. Good luck!

    I know you do love all things pumpkin, and I'm excited to have pumpkin season here as well!

    As for the fellowship fall activity, I think you should start the tradition of going to the pumpkin patch as a family and drinking cider while looking for that perfect pumpkin on a crisp autumn blue sky day. Wandering through a corn maze and catching a lift on the hayride before you leave. Doesn't that sound whimsical?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so precious! There are quite a few leaves on the ground already.

    I loved taking the kids to the pumpkin farm when they were little. They got to ride in wagons and there were usually funny and cute characters all around for them to look at and other kiddy activities too. I hope you have one near you. Maybe you could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on loving everything pumpkin!! I think my poor hubby gets tired of it...especially after pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, etc. Oh well, I don't think it tastes the same any other time of year, so I have to get my fill during the fall! :)

    Your little guy is so cute! And your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera do you use? We just got a Canon Rebel and I'm excited to learn how to do cool shots. Do you use different lenses? Ours just came with the basic lens, so we're hoping to save up for a macro & telephoto.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!