7.05.2009

firecracker.

I hope everyone had a happy Fourth! We had a pretty great day ourselves! Family came over, friends came over, we played games and ate food and just enjoyed each other's company! No, we didn't see fireworks, and that disappointed me. But maybe next year. I meant to take pictures while we were all hanging out but it escaped me. So I took some pictures of Benjamin afterward in his Fourth of July outfit. I won't post all of the photos, but at the end I'll give you a few to glance at.

Today was not so happy for a couple reasons.

1. I totally did not feel well. Last week and this weekend just caught up with me, I guess. My throat was killing me and I was just exhausted all day long. I got up at 5 (not by choice) and then went to bed again at around 7-ish after a quick shower while Mom played with Benjamin. Woke up at 8:30 to get myself and Benjamin ready for church. He did pretty well during both services. He's getting better at sitting through and usually I don't have to nurse him. Today I did, but that's ohkay. There were tons of crickets hopping around, and I'm frightened of anything creepy-crawly or in this case creepy-hoppy. One touched my foot. I almost screamed. I didn't.

Anyway, I laid down after Mom and Dad and Grandma left and Carl watched Benjamin. It was really necessary and nice. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel better and not exhausted. We didn't go to Warner Robins like we usually do on Sunday nights but I guess once in a while you just have to take a step back.

2. Family is gone. Boo! I enjoy having company.

and worst of all...

3. Two years ago today my Papaw died of liver cancer. He had been told he had 6 months to live and he lived out a couple of those months. And in the next month, Carl and I were getting married. It was hard. Just a few days earlier he had been hiking with my uncle. And then suddenly... things just plummeted. I remember the last words I choked out to him as I knelt by his bed and held his hand, promising myself I'd say more when we returned the next day. An hour and a half later when I arrived to work and called my mom, I found out he had passed away.

I don't think I will ever "get over" this death. I think about Papaw often. I miss him terribly. He was a great, wonderful Christian man.


That was my day.



Picture time.


Happy Fourth! His onesie reads "Mommy's Little Firecracker" :)


Praying hands.


Four Generations


Family Photo


Sucking on a corncob.


He loved it


In his jammies.


Anyway, the internet is acting so slow that I can't upload all the photos I want! So you'll just have to be satisfied with that. I hope everyone has a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Benjamin is so cute; love his holiday outfit. Enjoyed the pictures of you and your family. I'm so sorry about the lsos of your Papaw. I don't think we ever get over deaths of those we love dearly, the intense grief does fade over time but we do miss them. The fact that he was Christian and that you will see him again and spend eternity with him is always comforting.

    sorry you weren't feeling too good; hoping tomorrow is a better day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Betty - you're right. We at least have the comfort of seeing him again in eternity. :) I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute, you have one adorable little man! Enjoy him while he is small, they grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!