7.10.2009

Our adventurous Friday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tonight was date night.

We went to Chik-Fil-A.

Carl found Benjamin's first tooth breaking through.

I almost cried.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It was Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A, but we didn't dress up as cows. We should have! But Benjamin wore his Cow bib (my favorite bib!), and got zilch. Oh well. He didn't need anything anyway. Although, now that he is getting teeth... Big sigh. Yes, one is poking through, and the one beside it is starting to peek-a-boo as well. Funny thing is, we had NO idea this was going on. He just hasn't been all that fussy. I mean, we are so glad he hasn't been fussy. But this was just so shocking to us. He is growing up way too fast.

Another big sigh.

We went to the mall, and the boys got some clothes. Me? I was just happy to have my chocolate milkshake from Chik-Fil-A. I enjoyed our night out and hope that we can have more in the future!

Two things that irritated me tonight:

1. A van turned left in front of us when our light was green and we had already started going across. Risk your own life, but don't risk the life of my family. I can't stand bad drivers.

2. We overheard a child in Sears going, "Mommy look! Mommy look! Mommy look! Look! Looook!" Yes, a bit much, but that isn't what irritated me. The mother finally snapped at the child, "Shut UP!" I was so close to turning around and saying, "I cannot believe you would say that to your child." And Carl said he was close to it as well. I know my eyes got wide. I just don't see any justification for snapping like that at their child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Anyway, we found Benjamin playing with three things he shouldn't have been today. Luckily he had his paci in his mouth this time, but we need to be more careful in the future. He found a battery on the floor and decided to play with it, then a visitor's card from church, and lastly a straw wrapper, which he crumpled up as if to hide it from his daddy, who had come to get it from him. Sneaky little booger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Bringing Up Benjamin sure is fun... :)

5 comments:

  1. I did read about Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A. I think it would have been fun to see if anyone came in dressed as a cow

    glad Benjamin is not too fussy with teething

    enjoy your weekend

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, oh just wait. You'll snap one day too. It doesn't make it right, but it will most likely happen one day. I can't tell you how many times I've had to ask my kids and God for forgiveness for my ugliness.

    Bad drivers infuriate me too. Hello?? Blinker please!! I'm always muttering to myself "If you'd leave five minutes earlier you wouldn't have to drive like an idiot."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am sure one of these days I will snap... hopefully though it won't be in public for everyone to gasp at.

    Blinkers. That's another pet peeve! Ah! I lived in Memphis for a year. Now if you want bad drivers, that's where you go. I grew up in Atlanta traffic, but at least Atlantians can drive! Memphis is a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I always wonder "If they're that ugly in public, how much worse must they be at home...?" Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a perfect mom but I cringe when I hear people being nasty like that. I have heard people swear right at their two year olds. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!