4.19.2010

Benjamin, you are fifteen months old!

DSC01403

I know you guys are probably thinking "How long is she going to do this!" - but I just hate passing up a month, and a post to be able to put down Benjamin's milestones. It is so important to me to reflect and keep record of these things! Who knows, maybe one day on down the line I will go back and reminisce, after Benjamin has left our home for a wife and job and children of his own... Sniffle!

DSC01399

DSC01404

I probably say this every month, but Benjamin, you have changed so much this past month! It is so shocking how much you learn in only a month. You just soak up everything around you and it is precious. This month you have learned to bark like a dog. Nana and Papaw said that you barked at Bailey while you were at their house. It is so funny! Just this weekend you taught yourself how to get down the stairs on your own! Of course, you have had a lot more falls lately {and when I say stairs, it is just three steps so it's not a big deal}, but you really like this new skill.

DSC01407

DSC01411

I love your mind. I love how inquisitive you are. You spent thirty minutes this evening figuring out a jar and lid, and I just loved watching your face. Everything is so new to you and fascinating. When we went outside today, everything in the yard was new and fascinating to you. 15 Months is such a fun age. I love it.

DSC01427

DSC01428

DSC01429

Your Well-Baby Checkup is tomorrow, but the last time we took you to a doctor {two weeks ago?} you weighed 22lbs. I don't really know how tall you are, but I always expected you to be bigger than you are because of how big your daddy was when he was your age. You are wearing size 12months clothing, and sometimes if you're not wearing your big ol' cloth diapers, your pants slide down your rear end. You may have chunky cheeks and a bigger than average head {hehe} but you really are slim and trim! It's probably all the running you do!

DSC01419

DSC01423

You are a little helper. Tonight you wanted the sponge from the kitchen sink so you could wipe down the counters with me. Nana and Papaw found an old cell phone they let you carry around in the dishwasher a couple days after you left - you must have wanted to help with dishes, too! You are so sweet and affectionate and we love you to death! I love my Benjamin hugs and kisses!

DSC01443

Benjamin, you are so goofy. You love to dance around and be silly. Our day is not complete without your belly laugh, or your broad, precious smile! You are the apple of our eyes, Benjamin!

DSC01472

Thank you for helping me become the mommy I have always wanted to be, and for helping me to slow down and smell the flowers every once and a while with my boy.

DSC01462

Or, the dandelions.

DSC01458



post signature

9 comments:

  1. He's grown up so much even since I've known you guys and have been seeing pictures of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep doing this until your little Ben refuses to sit on that rocking chair! It's such a cute and loving tradition you've made, and everyone will love it in the future. I'd like to think that he'll be able to tell stories to his grandkids about his momma who blogs and tells stories about him as a baby, and his little red rocker :)
    By the way, glad that you're well now too! I've missed reading about Ben...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this comment while I was in the Kroger parking lot waiting on my hubby earlier today and it just made my day! You are so sweet! Thank you :) I hope he will enjoy looking back at this too. It's hard right now to keep him in the red rocker but I'm going to keep on doing it until he just doesn't fit anymore! ha! It used to be my red rocker, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 15 months Benjamin!!! Wow, he is growing up so fast! I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post...so sweet. Keep on doing them--some day you will definitely treasure them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 15 months Benjamin! If you think 15 months is great then you're really gonna enjoy 18!
    And by the way, it will only be weird if you're like "Benjamin, you are 136 months old!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's completely precious, Kristen! I especially love the photos where he's squatting. I love how kids do that. When did he get so big?

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!