Benjamin has had a lot of fun with his friend Mariah. We have played outside and enjoyed the spring weather. Of course, lately it's been really rainy and stormy, and today it's actually pretty cool.
Yesterday, a giant limb fell off of one of the trees in our front yard right onto the powerline. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but across the street, the neighbors' cable was yanked out of their house. So they were without power for a while.
Me? Well, besides cleaning, baking, and cooking, I've picked up yet another hobby {because we all know that I needed a new one}. Embroidery! I really enjoy it! It is easy and relaxing!
My first project
And my second project was finished last night:
I'm pretty happy with the results! Now I'm working on something for an upcoming holiday... ahem... I can't really say because I don't want the special person to figure out what I'm doing...
Ah! And I've said too much! Let's change the subject!
Tonight we are going to a Gospel Meeting in Macon, like we did last night. It was really good, and I am excited to be back tonight!
Now, though, I have dinner to think about and a little mister needs a bath...
I hope you're all having a good week!
I like that cute snooty nose.
ReplyDeleteand by snooty i mean snotty.
I'm glad you are staying busy. I like your life.
Awesome job on your new hobby!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate!
ReplyDeleteHehe, he is kina cute, isn't he?
ReplyDelete:)
I like YOUR life. And mine. That's pretty sweet.
LOVE the embroidery. Did you just start? That is awesome! How are you learning? I want to become more domesticated. Thought about taking up knitting but I like your embroidery idea too.
ReplyDeleteAlso, love the pics! I can’t get my pics to post. Beautiful baby! What a cutie!
I love the new hobby!!! How hard is it to do? You know I am always on the lookout for something new too!
ReplyDeleteChristy, it is SO easy. If you can thread a needle (which I can barely do... ha!), and if you can pull that needle through some fabric, you can do it.
ReplyDeleteYes, I just started a few days ago!
ReplyDeleteI am using a book called "Sublime Stitching" which is very basic and easy. I love it. I think we got it for $10. I read that embroidery is the cheapest hobby you can have! And it is very relaxing!
Thanks! I upload my pics through flickr and copy the code it gives with the "all sizes" tab.
Kristen thanks for helping the technically challenged! I finally got my first pic to post :) I'm gonna see if I can pick up that book I would like to try your new hobby too! My grandmother used to do that on everything. I have some pillowcases she made with little blue birds (b/c she loved blue birds) on them. Also a set with little delicate flowers.
ReplyDeleteMy mom occasionally embroiders. She embroidered some quilt squares for a quilt for Kyndra & my niece. She used to do more when she was younger. Yours looks great!
ReplyDelete