4.08.2010

I can't do it all.

I can't be Doctor Mommy, Doctor Wife, Housewife, Gardener all wrapped up in one. I'm sick now, all complete with a cough, congestion, major aches {probably from my gardening exploits}, and yes, even a fever. It got so bad today that we broke down and about ten minutes ago we sent Benjamin off with his grandmommy for the weekend. I've been an emotional wreck ever since we decided to send him off, only because this is the first time we will have been away from our baby boy for so long.

But it is necessary. When he is around me, he wants me to hold him all the time, and I just can't. I don't have the energy, and I get just way too hot. I don't want him to come down with what we have, because frankly it is miserable.

I am sure you will all understand if you don't hear much from me for a while. I think the plans are that Benjamin will be gone until around Sunday afternoon. Hopefully by then we will be all better and able to take him back. If not, he may go on to my parents' house from Hubby's mother's house. That is definitely not ideal. I am ready to have him back pronto!

Keep us in your prayers, please, that we can gain our health quickly and that I won't have too many breakdowns thinking about my baby boy all those miles away!

Go here to read what my husband had to say on the matter.

post signature

12 comments:

  1. So sorry that you are sick! I hate being sick, especially being a mommy!! Good thing your MIL took Ben for a couple of days. He is going to have so much fun! Just rest, and get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get well soon! I know it must be awful to have to send Benjamin away, but you'll feel so much better because you'll be able to rest better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm sure it is really hard to have him gone! I'm sorry that you're so sick. I'll be praying that you guys will get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope that you feel better quickly! It had to be so hard to let Benjamin go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are getting worse! Praying you will be all better in time for little Ben to come home on Sunday. I think its adorable how much you are missing him already. :) I love my children more than anything but I'd be skipping if my parents took them for 4 days! (But they are not babies either...) Ben is going to have a great time (he will miss you!) but I'm sure he will be fine! The best part will be seeing him get so excited to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate! Being a sick mommy is so hard! This is really the first time in about a year that I've been out of commission like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the plan! Lots of rest and not having to worry about running around after Benjamin. In the long run, it is for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Micah, it stinks having him gone! But hopefully these next couple days will pass quickly. Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Holly, it really was hard. I can't wait to get him back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the prayers Stacia! I think I'm just having a hard time with this because it's his first time away from us and the reason is I can't take care of him like I want to since I'm sick.
    I am reaaaaally looking forward to seeing him when we meet up to get him! I can't wait to see his face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kristin! I am so sorry that you are so sick! Just focus on getting better and before you know it your baby will be back. Love you girl! Praying you and your hubby get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry!!! I hope you feel better soon! It is awful being sick...and then not having your baby around...yucky!
    But at least it will be motivation to feel better asap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!