Happy Birthday, Carl!
You see? I rarely put his name in the blog because I thought maybe that would make it more secure... really I don't know why I do it anymore because you already know everything else. Okay now I am scaring myself so... moving on!
Anyway, I'm a big birthday person, but Carl on the other hand is not, really. I've been asking him for a while now what he might want to do or where he might want to go on his birthday but all he has said is nowhere special, he just would like to hang out with friends since we haven't in a while {on account of us being out of state}.
However... we've been sick. I dunno if that is going to happen today, sadly. But, we're going to make the most of it, aren't we, babe?
In fact I'm going to make special cupcakes for him! Hooray! I feel really bad because I was unable to get out and get anything special for Carl for his birthday... like, really, really bad. So hopefully a good old blog post dedicated to my sweet husband will do the trick... And here is where I gush about him!
My husband is a really, really amazing dad. He is so involved, and so loving and caring. I knew that he was great with kids when we met, but I never imagined that anyone could be such a wonderful father. Happy Birthday to the best daddy I could ever want for my children!
My husband is so good looking. I hope you all enjoyed that first picture! That was definitely not me shaving his head. No, I was too busy busting my tailbone outside in a rainstorm. Seriously. {and then a couple days later we found out we were expecting!!} Anyway, he is good looking. He asked me a few times who was better looking, him or Johnny Depp? And I say MY HUSBAND, of course! Sorry Johnny! My husband is the most handsome man! Happy Birthday to the most handsome fella in the world!
My husband is fearless. I can't count how many times he has killed a bug for me when I am just shaking with fear. Okay so maybe I'm a weenie. But still. I always feel so safe around my husband and I know that no matter what, he is always going to take care of me. Even when there is a roach the size of my hand {not exaggerating, folks!} running at me on the wall in the bathroom... Carl, you know what I am referencing to... Happy Birthday to the man who will always protect me!
My husband is so giving. It may look in that picture that both of those ice cream cones were his, but they weren't. One was for me. I was at home, moaning and groaning about my broken tailbone. Or maybe I was sick... I dunno! Either way, it was for me. He carried the whole thing back for me. But that's not just it. He is always so very giving. He showers me with things that I don't deserve, like my chocolate chip waffles I had to have last night. Or that shirt we paid full price for at Target, that is still eating me up with guilt! Happy Birthday to the man who is always so giving!
My husband is my favorite preacher. He is such a good speaker. I am really proud of him and so proud to sit by him as the preacher's wife. He loves God's word and you can tell when he delivers the message in the pulpit. He will go to all lengths to teach and bring others to salvation. I admire him in so many ways. I wanted to marry a preacher, and boy howdy did I hit the jackpot on that one! If you want to listen to his sermons, you can check 'em out here. You can also read up on what it's like to be a preacher on his blog. Happy Birthday to my favorite preacher, hands down!
My husband is a silly nerd. I say that with the most affection. He is always making me laugh, even when I don't want to laugh. It is really fun being married to him and it's really interesting sometimes because you never know what he'll do next... I love him to death and I am so glad that he is a silly nerd because he's my silly nerd. Happy Birthday to the man who keeps me laughing!
I really could go on about how loving and forgiving and honest he is. If you know Carl, you know how much he loves our family. He makes mistakes, and he fixes them, and I love him so much for it. It says to me that he's not prideful. He knows that he is not always perfect and he strives to be pleasing to God. He's perfect for me. Even though we're not perfect. {Does that make sense?}
Happy Birthday to my best friend, my husband, my companion.
I love you!
Heheh! What a cute post! Your husband sounds very sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, this is the best birthday present you could ever give. He sounds like a wonderful man. And you sound like a wonderful wife. :)
ReplyDelete